The Extra litter - **LOTS of new pictures! Post 169**

Redyre Rotties

Songster
10 Years
Jul 8, 2009
North Carolina, USA
Breeding expected next week. We appreciate all good thoughts and vibes for CONCEPTION!
big_smile.png

http://www.redyre.com/extra.html

Last edited:
This is a Pagan Fertility Prayer...

"Bless us with the fertility we seek.
May our minds, spirits and bodies
become fertile with our wishes,
quickly manifesting our hearts desire."

Best of luck for your girl!!
fl.gif
fl.gif

I just got off the phone with the vet. Penny's Progesterone level was 3.2 yesterday. This means that the LH surge was Thursday, and ovulation is almost certainly today. I will stop by on my way to Raleigh on Monday to have one more test done to confirm she is over 5. I expect breeding Monday Wednesday and maybe Thursday or Friday next week.

This means her due date is probably September 11. Not sure how I feel about that, but que sera sera.

Now is the time for all you guys to rub your Buddha bellies and think great thoughts for many ripe follicles. Milton is going nuts since we came home yesterday.

Define "such issues"? She had a litter of 10 puppies at age 3. Then took 2 years off. Had a litter of 5 puppies, altho only 2 survived. Then missed a back-to-back following a C-section, not unusual?

If this b.itch

2010-6-21pennystack1.jpg

were standing in YOUR back yard, would you not try to breed her again?

I would.

From her first litter:

CH Redyre Choice v Eternal Moon, CGC Finished at 24 months, ranked in the top ten Jan/Feb of 2010
OFA Hips EXCELLENT, OFA elbows normal, eye and heart normal

ET27mosfreestack.png

Multi V rated, BIMBS, 2 x RBIMBS, U-CH, Can/UCI Int'l Ch. REDYRE WEAPON OF CHOICE, HIC, CGC, AKC major ptd

ruger12110BOB.jpg

Multi BOB Redyre A Few Choice Words 4 U
OFA Hips Good OFA elbows normal, eye and heart normal

miltonfront11_09.png

U-CH Redyre Choice Mahalo Bro

mikestack10_21_08.jpg

From her second litter

Redyre Double Blessing

grace14wkssidegait.png

2010_5_25gracestack.jpg

In fact if she has a healthy litter this go around, I will breed her again one last time on the next season and pray for conception then too.

big_smile.png

Last edited:
No need to be defensive. I wasn't asking a question I knew the answer to, wasn't attempting to call you out on anything. I *thought* you said she would be spayed in a previous post regarding the last breeding attempt. I might have been thinking of another breeder here, though I don't know who it would be, or I could be thinking about your dogs but someone else's post. Sorry..I guess I should have PMed the question.

ETA: Ok I thought I was going crazy LOL here is the post that you said you were going to spay her in. Again, this isn't a call out. I was really wondering. Anyway here is what you said.

Quote:
Today's total was $62.00. I am so bummed. She has produced so well in her first 2 litters, however, she has had 2 small mammary tumors for several months. I am not willing to go on any longer with them. It means removing 2 mammary glands, and I am going to spay her at the same time.

I look forward to working with Grace, getting her started in the show ring, finishing Milton's CH title, and I will be puppy shopping over the next few months for a new little girl.

The disappointment is acute and bitter, I am always sad when it is the end of the road for breeding on a girl. *sigh*

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom