1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

The fake eggs work! Finally got the ladies to use the nesting box :)

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by CandiceN, Aug 5, 2011.

1. CandiceN

CandiceN Chirping

May 30, 2011
    NH
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. swampcat

swampcat Songster

Apr 18, 2011
    Brooklyn, CT
    Yay! Thats awesome![​IMG]

3. tarragon

tarragon Chirping

Mar 3, 2011
    Bothell, WA
    How long did it take? My first girl to lay used the nesting box until the second girl started. She lays in a corner of the run, so that's where the first has switched to. Did you have to block off the spot they were using?

4. SIMPleChick

SIMPleChick Songster

Mar 10, 2011
    Utah
    LOL! I should have just used plastic eggs! I bought wooden ones! But YES they work!

5. goldtopper

goldtopper Songster

Oct 15, 2010
    Near Bert Blyleven
    I had fakes in there and Jan wouldn't lay when she first started. One day I noticed she was in the coop, laying in the shavings in her usual spot. I opened the coop door and shed a bit of light. Before long, she wanted a little more privacy and moved to the boxes.

6. CandiceN

CandiceN Chirping

May 30, 2011
    NH
    Quote:This is the first time they've all been in the same box like that. They started laying about 2 weeks ago, and some ended up in the box and others didn't so I put these in last weekend and this is what I found today!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by