1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

The Feed Store gets their chicks today!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by SoccerMomof7, Feb 25, 2009.

1. SoccerMomof7

SoccerMomof7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Kansas
    It is such a horrible erge!!! But I am suppose to get my incubator today!!! My DH took my $$$ to get my new to me cabinet incubator! Yay! I wonder how mad my DH would be in I brought
    a couple of chicks home???

2. My chicken is cuter

My chicken is cuter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2009
    Houston, TX
    I don't think he would be mad, but he would feel kind of insulted that he went to get the incubator and when he brings it back you already have chicks. His face would look like this [​IMG]

3. Hens_And_Chicks

Hens_And_Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2009
    Ohio
    Chicks are addictive! I saw Rural King had signs up saying "Chick Days Are Coming!" but the bad thing about RK is you have to buy a min of 25 and they never seem to know what breeds they really have - they're chicks don'tcha know!

I called Meyers yesterday to see what breeds of pullet they had left from their Monday hatch and they were waiting on a list to come to the store and were supposed to call me. I guess it's a good thing they didn't call. I would have been there buying something... probably Golden Buffs!

4. RendonRoo

RendonRoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2009
    ft. worth
    Sneak the chicks in the incubator and tell him WOW they sure hatched quickly. LOL Good Luck

5. SoccerMomof7

Apr 13, 2008
    Kansas
    Quote:Thats a great idea!!! lol he doesn't know anything about incubating so maybe it would work![​IMG]

[​IMG]

I am so excited it is chick season!! I have wanted to incubate eggs since last year I just decided to wait so they don't have to stay in the house as long.

6. Buck Creek Chickens

Buck Creek Chickens Have Incubator, Will Hatch

Nov 26, 2008
    Neenah, WI
    House chicks are fun, all that peeping [​IMG]

7. SoccerMomof7

Apr 13, 2008
    Kansas
    Well the only place I can keep them from the kids and cats is in my room and between the peeping, the light and the kids waking up to check on them I get zero sleep with house chicks! I have a another heated building I will put them in probley when they get a little older!

8. Buck Creek Chickens

Nov 26, 2008
    Neenah, WI
    you ever try a Heat emitter, i'm useing three no extra light, the chicks sleep at night, more natural sleep patterens, plus 150 watts not 250.

down side they are expensive, but they last 5 years

9. SoccerMomof7

Apr 13, 2008
    Kansas
    Where did you find that at?

10. Buck Creek Chickens

Nov 26, 2008
    Neenah, WI
    Pet supply that has reptial stuff. also the chicken stuff supplier that posts an add in rt hand corner has them. (shop the coop.com)

Zoo Med is USA made

Last edited: Feb 25, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by