The feeling of Cornish X chicks?

stone_family3

Crowing
11 Years
Apr 11, 2011
New York
Anyone else think that Cornish X chicks feel kinda yucky when you touch them? Mine look clean and they are kept in clean conditions, but they always feel hot and yucky. Is it because their fluff has fallen out and their feathers have yet to come in? They are 2 weeks today.

I've felt them before, yes, I have to agree, they feel sweaty. Probably because it takes effort for them to walk around...

I'm pleased to read this - I thought I was the only one raising oily softballs with feathers. The only nice thing about it is the more time I spend with them, the better I feel about eating them later.

I'm pleased to read this - I thought I was the only one raising oily softballs with feathers. The only nice thing about it is the more time I spend with them, the better I feel about eating them later.
yuckyuck.gif

I'm in Florida so I was referring to them as grapefruits not softballs.
lau.gif

Quote:
Ok, so they are oily, moist, warm, feathered grapefruit. No wonder grapefruit don't sell as well. On the other hand, if I could slow roast a grapefruit with honey glaze I'd eat them more often, and if the kids fought over who got the wishbone from the grapefruit it wouldn't have to be like "If you kids don't settle down I'm going to buy a grapefruit and make you eat it." Then again, I don't think breakfast would ever be the same if I had to get up, take a grapefruit out of the fridge, cut its throat and wait for it to stop bleeding grapefruit juice before eating it with a spoon.

The more I think of it, the more I detest grapefruit, I think.

LOL exactly. While I love the idea of having fresh chicken that I raised I simply detest this breed of bird. I honestly don't know if I want to do it again, I might do a different breed. I'm considering freedom rangers maybe, mine are now to the point where they are starting to get naked
sickbyc.gif

Back
Top Bottom