1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

The final 2 of 12

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by kiweed, Sep 3, 2014.

1. kiweed

kiweed Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2011
    Murfreesboro TN
    I have identified 10 of the 12 rare breed layer pack i recieved 4 weeks ago from Meyer. I guessing Blk Jersey Giant for the black one. no guess on the brown girl.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    What type of comb does the red bird have? I'm wondering if she could be a buckeye.

I'm not familiar enough with Meyer to know what the breed choices are, if you can list them it would help folks narrow things down.

3. texaspolloloco

texaspolloloco Out Of The Brooder

Jun 25, 2014
    Georgetown TX
    The red one looks like my Production Reds when they were young, but they are not a "rare" breed.

4. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    The breeds that Meyer sells in its assorted rare breed pack come from the following list: Ancona, Easter Egger, Andalusian, Wyandotte, Dark Cornish, Delaware, Dominique, Jersey Giant, Brahma, Partridge Rock, Light Brown Leghorn, Hamburg, Sussex, German Spitzhauben Appenzeller, Buckeye, Sumatra, Cochin, Polish, Marans, Campine, Lakenvelder, Faverolles, Buttercup, Welsummer, Exchequer Leghorn, Sultan, Penedesenca, Ameraucana, Blue and Lavender Orpington.

Based on that list, I'd say the top bird is a Buckeye and the bottom bird is a Black Jersey Giant.

5. kiweed

kiweed Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2011
    Murfreesboro TN
    Thank you all

6. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Top bird looks like a Buckeye, second bird is probably a Black Jersey Giant.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by