The first crow...updated Pics of suspect

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Cetawin, Sep 29, 2008.

1. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    My 21 little babies (9 weeks old) were being put in their tractor when I heard the strangest noise... someone crowed for the first time. I think I caught the culprit. When I turned around really quick, there was one Ameraucana/EE with the neck stretched up and back.

Yay I have a roo! [​IMG] I have been trying to locate a roo for the girls and I have one in the baby group. hehehehe

This is the suspected culprit of the little crow: Her/His name is currently Deville

[​IMG]

I will be watching closely now to see who HE is. I am so happy about it because now I do not have to worry with a roo I do not know because I have raised this one from day 2. [​IMG] Does that look like a little roo? I am going to get a good pic of him/her in a few minutes. DONE here they are:

[​IMG]

Comb:

[​IMG]

Back:

[​IMG]

Side:

[​IMG]

Side:

[​IMG]

Rear View: lol

[​IMG]

So what do ya'll think...Roo? Or should I keep looking through the 21 of them to find the crowing one. hehehehe

Last edited: Sep 29, 2008
  2. Cuban Longtails

Cuban Longtails Flock Mistress

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    Looks a bit roo'ish to me. [​IMG] Whether male or female, that's going to be one good looking chicken!

3. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Yup, you found your culprit. Definitely a boy and a very handsome one too.

Jody

4. Solsken Farm

Solsken Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Definitely a fella. He's a beaut![​IMG] I just love EEs. They offer such surprises.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by