1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

The Flock has arrived!!!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Warhorse70, Jan 22, 2012.

1. Warhorse70

Warhorse70 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 3, 2011
    [​IMG]

Got 'em.......now what do I do?!

2. Maximus

Maximus Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2011
    Altha Florida
    How many Roos do you have

3. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Oh my, you have game fowl! How exciting! Might want PM some of the game fowl experts on how to house multiple roosters of this breed in close quarters. They appear in good health judging by the photos.

Congratulations!

4. Warhorse70

Dec 3, 2011
    Thanks, toc!

4 roosters and 5 hens, Max. I have a feeling the number will be increasing soon. Seems rather addictive!

5. HEChicken

HEChicken Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    BuCo, KS
    My Coop
    That's a lot of roos for the number of hens. You might want to consider setting up a bachelor pad for the excess roos so they don't wear the poor hens out. So what's the story here? Someone was getting rid of a whole flock and you came by at the right time? Do you know how old they are? What are your plans for them - i.e., do you want them for eggs, or breeding or to be good mothers? Congrats by the way - they're very pretty.

6. Warhorse70

Dec 3, 2011
    Multiple housing. The roos are kept separated and have limited access to the hens. Looking forward to having babies on the yard. Roos are all less than 3 years and the hens are 2. The roos and 2 of the hens are from a family friend and I picked up the other hens in East Texas.

7. ChickenPeep

ChickenPeep Faith & Feathers

May 1, 2011
    Olathe, Kansas
    Congrats, very pretty birds!
    I love the black and white rooster! What breed is he?

8. Warhorse70

Dec 3, 2011
    Frost Grey, I believe. Although, it's hard to say anything is pure anything anymore.

Thanks!

9. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Just beautiful! [​IMG] You ask, "now what do I do?" I say ENJOY THEM!!! [​IMG]

10. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    Beautiful Birds [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by