The flock....

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Petej, Dec 16, 2010.

1. Petej

Petej Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2010
    PDX area
    I couldn't resist. I haven't given them their grain for the day, so I taped it!

Oh the happy noise! [​IMG]

2. jomoncon

jomoncon Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2010
    New Orleans, LA
    I love it when you first call them all over and they're standing there looking at you saying, "OK. We're here. Where's the grain? Come on. Give it up. Give it up."

3. Petej

Dec 6, 2010
    PDX area
    Quote:You should see what happens when we withhold scraps too long! [​IMG]

They truly are a good flock. I have a couple "bad seeds" in the bunch of leghorns we got a while ago, but overall it's good group....

4. AKsmama

AKsmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2010
    South Carolina
    I love it! Your roo is calling the ladies and they're already eating [​IMG] He's doing his job well, good boy! Your flock is like mine- when you took the lid off the grain bucket, that really got their attention. It's funny when mine come running from all corners of the yard when they hear the lid come off their food storage bin.

5. Petej

Dec 6, 2010
    PDX area
    Quote:That was just one Roo, and he's the oldest, so I guess the other young men know better?

It is funny that they do come running when the lid comes off. They come from everywhere, including the trees!

6. Oboistonquack

Oboistonquack Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2010
    Maine
    Quote:I think that was my favorite part!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by