The Funniest / Sweetest thing(S) Your Rooster does....

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by ladychicken&Ducklover, Sep 13, 2011.

1. ladychicken&Ducklover

ladychicken&Ducklover Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2011
    Champion, Michigan
    is when Felipe, my White Crested Blk Polish, runs to me , " pats me down " for any sign of a treat, ( which of course Ill have , performs a" taste test " , then jumps up on his favorite tree stump , ( since all he ever sees are the

girl's feet unless he does this ), and beckons his " ladies " over to eat first, then joins in once the girls have full bellies !:[​IMG]

He is a WONDERFUL protector of his girls.[​IMG]

Its so adorable.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 13, 2011
  2. magicpigeon

magicpigeon Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2010
    Awww!! [​IMG] He sounds like such a sweetie..

3. dedicateddourly

dedicateddourly Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2008
    Fallbrook, CA
    ladychicken&Ducklover :

is when Felipe, my White Crested Blk Polish, runs to me , " pats me down " for any sign of a treat, ( which of course Ill have , performs a" taste test " , then jumps up on his favorite tree stump , ( since all he ever sees are the

girl's feet unless he does this ), and beckons his " ladies " over to eat first, then joins in once the girls have full bellies !:[​IMG]

He is a WONDERFUL protector of his girls.[​IMG]

Its so adorable.

[​IMG]

That's so cute. Pic, please [​IMG]

4. ladychicken&Ducklover

ladychicken&Ducklover Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2011
    Champion, Michigan
    Quote:That's so cute. Pic, please [​IMG]

Yes, he is very special and I will post pics tomorrow because he's been "out of sorts" for a few days, just sleeping alot, where ever he might be at the time, waking up suddenly, then panicking when he cant find his girls.

I put some " ROOSTER BOOSTER" in his drinking water and Cayenne pepper in his feed, and within a few hours, hes " back in the game" .

I wanted him to enjoy the day , awake, with his girls, so tomorrow I will post pics.

Thanks for your compliments

5. OwlLover

OwlLover Alaskan Wanderer

Aug 25, 2011
    We don't have him anymore, but we used to have a Jersey Giant Rooster named Welsch that would come running whenever he would see me. [​IMG]

6. miko

miko Out Of The Brooder

Sep 14, 2011
    how funny!

7. TigerLilly

TigerLilly I failed Chicken Math

Jul 18, 2010
    Central Florida
    Romeo is my EE roo. He has this whole 'romancing the bird' thing that he does when he's feeling amorous. He'll get up real close beside on of the girls, fan out the wing not closest to her, stomp his feet & kind of either turn in circles while stomping his feet or try to cirlce her while stomping his feet. I need to get it on video; he really gets into it. The girls seem to either pay him no mind or walk away [​IMG]

8. BorderKelpie

BorderKelpie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2009
    outside Dallas
    The sweetest thing I ever saw my rooster do (don't have him anymore - he ate people). I had taken a few chicks I'd hatched and put them in the chicken run for a bit so they could start to acclimize. These were NOT Christian's babies, they weren't even raised by a broody, but when the cat strolled over to the run and showed a bit too much interest in the chicks, Christian made some weird sound and then hovered over all these 'stray' chicks while threatening the cat. He huddled over them just like a mother hen. What I think is really cool is how these human raised brooder chicks instinctively knew what he was telling them and they ran under him.
    I was able to leave the chicks in his care. Christian was an excellent Mother Rooster. Too bad he hated humans with a passion. (His son seems to be working out nicely though. Lilac Christianson (was supposed to be a girl *sigh*)

9. SpunkyChicken

SpunkyChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2009
    New Hampshire
    Quote:This gives me hope that my roo Charly won't have too much trouble becoming accustomed to the hen house - he's been living with people for the past 4 months and hasn't interacted with another chicken since he was 2 weeks old. I'm worried that he might be aggressive with the hens since he bites people, but it could just be that he needs to have some real chickens around. I think if he can get past his testiness, he would be a good gentleman rooster because he does the "look I have food for you!" thing when he hears my voice - making those cute clucking noises while picking up and dropping food. My other roosters never did that with my hens.

10. lauralou

lauralou Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 10, 2007
    Central Virginia
    I have lawn furniture out by the coops, a table and 2 chairs. As I sit there with my legs crossed, one Speckled Sussex cockerel likes to jump up and perch on my rubber-booted foot. The one that's swinging in the air! It's very silly.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by