The furnace guys sat outside and ate lunch with the girls!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by 3peeps, Jul 16, 2008.

1. 3peeps

3peeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 4, 2007
    Well, first, we're getting the new furnace we've been needing for years. So hurray for that. Didn't even wait until it broke down in the middle of winter! [​IMG]

For lunch, the two guys installing it sat outside and watched our chickens! I'm always a little hesitant what other people will think of our back yard because the coop is not beautiful, and I'm trying to be a recovering pack-rat. But they seemed to get a kick out of it, and that's always an ego boost as many of you can probably relate to.

When someone likes your chickens, it's like a personal complement. Sort of like when your parents like your spouse, or visitors faun all over your adorable overweight cat!

I always pay special attention to my friend's pets because it's sort of like an extension of the friendship. Even her goat...she LOVES her goat. I could do without, but I always agree with her that he's totally handsome. [​IMG] I figure it's a way of saying, "Yes, you're cool!"

Last edited: Jul 16, 2008
  2. Pupsnpullets

Pupsnpullets Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2008
    SoCal desert
    I understand this one!

I live in a country club near Palm Springs and we've been doing some construction over the past year. It's always entertaining to see the look on peoples faces when they discover the chickens.

Eggs are a good bribe, too, let's not forget [​IMG]

3. seismic wonder2

seismic wonder2 I got mad ninja skills

Feb 3, 2007
    san diego ca
    Like in the movie "Hitch".
    If you want the girl, get in good with her best friend.

4. chickenannie

chickenannie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    That's funny! Maybe they wished THEY had chickens.
    When we had window installers here, my chicken hopped up into the back of their truck when they weren't looking and surprised them later before they left. I was so embarrassed and concerned chickie had gotten into something bad for her.
    They weren't fazed though.

5. 3peeps

3peeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 4, 2007
    Quote:This was a hilarious movie! Totally!

6. key west chick

key west chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    Our gas guy came out yesterday while I was doing my "farm chores" and we talked about my goats and our border collie doing her thing with them. He was intertained!

7. sbluvinit

sbluvinit Out Of The Brooder

Apr 16, 2008
    MY BIRDS FREE RANGE AND EVERY SO OFTEN SOMEONE DRIVING BY WILL STOP TO CHECK OUT THE SCENERY MY DOG ON THE PORCH WITH THE CAT AND THE BIRDS ALL AROUND. QUITE A SCENE I GUESS. EVERY ONE GETS ALONG FINE.

8. BantyHugger

BantyHugger Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Ponder
    Quote:I wish you were my friend. I get a little OCD every now and then, and normally get hooked on my pets. I'll spend an entire Saturday just checking and loving/grooming them. My friends always get annoyed when i explain that i can't visit them because this is what I'm doing. I tried showing them my prize rooster once, who had just grown into his feet, and they were less than excited. More people should share others joy. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by