The Garden is planted!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Mahonri, Jan 22, 2011.

1. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    I've got beans, peas, corn, tomatoes, two types of lettuce, broccoli, cauliflower, peppers, watermelon, zucchini, spagetti squash and cucumbers planted.

Now I just pray that we don't get a freeze....

2. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

[​IMG] I still have 3 months to wait. [​IMG]

3. pringle

pringle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2009
    Pepperell,MA
    Wow lucky,im still looking at seeds to plant in a few months but thats fun too [​IMG]

4. MeatKing

MeatKing Chillin' With My Peeps

I still have at least 5 months to wait !!! Your so lucky!!!

5. BlakesFarm

BlakesFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2011
    Upstate SC
    Ive had tomatoes growing since christmas ([​IMG]), and I cant wait until I put them in the garden. I have to wait 2 more months until spring!! [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 22, 2011
  6. Carols Clucks

Carols Clucks Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2010
    We have the onions, taters and a few other winter season veggies in, but have spent the past couple of weeks prettying up after digging up a big section to fix a drainage issue that was going to effect the new chicken house! Priorities!

Since it has been in the 80's all week it is SO hard not to start planting, but I keep looking at the calendar and it says January. Tomorrow we are going to pick up a another fruit tree or two, so that will have to cover for the veggie planting wish. We might get the peas, broccholi, lettuce, and a few other things in.

7. drdoolittle

drdoolittle Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2010
    NE Indiana
    We usually put ours in about a week after Mother's Day. Some things go in earlier, but you're lucky!

8. Royd

Royd Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2009
    Middleburg, Fl.
    I've had collards, mustard and bok choy in the ground since early Dec, but this global warming sure is keeping everything from growing...I've also got about 100 garlic..I planted onions, yesterday and will plant my garden peas, in the next two days. I'm presprouting them, since it is last year's seed and don't want to waste the space on useless seed.

I purchased 25lb. of red potatos. I split the big ones and am letting them dry....I'm going to try greensprouting, this year, before planting.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2011
  9. lighthawk

lighthawk Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 4, 2009
    Gobles MI
    Quote:Starting your garden in January?????
    That's just wrong.
    I'm lookin' at 12* and a foot of snow. [​IMG]

10. Raiquee

Raiquee Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2010
    Big Bend, WI
    Yup I'm one of the depressed northerners looking at waiting until May/June to plant [​IMG] Booo!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by