The General is in the Brig!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by OrpingtonManor, Aug 3, 2010.

1. OrpingtonManor

OrpingtonManor Building the Castle

Nov 15, 2008
    Martinez, CA
    General Napoleon got to meet the new Barnevelders today. They are ALL teens, including General Napoleon, only 14 weeks. The General has been wooing the new ladies through the tractor wire, but today I decided to free range them together. (supervised!) The other roos were not interested at all, but the General found it all to be more than his little self could stand. He did his best rooster dance, and got all pretty and puffed, dragging his wings, and cluck-clucking to them. He chased them and chased them, trying desperately to mount them. All he got for his efforts was a beak full of feathers. The Barnevelders got all upset and were running around like, well, like chickens with the heads cut off. Interestingly, none of the roos show any interest in the Buff Orps, who would not rebuff them. Ain't that just like a boy? Always wants what he can't have! [​IMG]

The General is currently cooling off in the brig. [​IMG]

2. cherylcohen

cherylcohen The Omelet Ranch

Sep 18, 2009
    SF East Bay CA
    too funny!

3. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

4. OrpingtonManor

Nov 15, 2008
    Martinez, CA
    everyone else seems okay with each other. I'll have to try letting the General out again in a bit. Also, normally, he doesn't like to be picked up, but when he was all a-twitter, he didn't seem to notice at all. [​IMG]

5. pharmchickrnmom

pharmchickrnmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2010
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Boys never change, do they?!!! lol

6. nanawendy

nanawendy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2009
    Bellingham Wa
    Thanks for the laugh... too cute [​IMG]

7. OrpingtonManor

Nov 15, 2008
    Martinez, CA
    it was like watching children on the playground, with the boys chasing the girls, pulling their pigtails and getting slapped for it. he needs to be more suave, and they need to be a little older! [​IMG]

8. OrpingtonManor

Nov 15, 2008
    Martinez, CA
    I gave the little General another chance. He seemed like he was doing okay, like a reformed man. He was pecking and scratching and not causing any trouble. About an hour later, the demons got him again. He chased one poor Barnevelder around the yard, her screaming, him grabbing feathers. Okay, you little &%#@, back into solitary confinement. [​IMG]

Anybody want a roo for stew?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by