The girl in the little pink helmet

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by IdealisticRoo, Dec 20, 2010.

1. IdealisticRoo

IdealisticRoo Chicken Tender

Oct 18, 2010
    Colorado!
    On my way to work each day I drive past an Nursing home and then a convenience store.

I frequently see a girl (probably in her 30's, but small) who wears a pink helmet. She struggles everyday from the nursing home to the convenience store, where I assume she must make a small purchase, perhaps a candy bar. For her, walking is a struggle, but she manages, all by herself, to get to the store.

Today as I passed the convenience store, I saw her in the parking lot, struggling towards the street. She was smiling! Her smile was brilliant!

Almost every day I see her struggling to or from the nursing home, it brings tears to my eyes. While my life is far from ideal, I have it so easy, comparatively.

This reminds me of the saying, not sure where I saw it, it may even have been on here - ‎"Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about."

Just a sentimental reminder to count our blessings instead of our problems! [​IMG]

2. pokey

pokey Warrior Princess

Jun 1, 2008
    upstate
    Amen:)

3. GoneHomeGrown2

GoneHomeGrown2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Very true and some of us (myself included) can use these reminders frequently. Thank you for sharing.

4. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    and what we say over the pond... "and there but for the grace of God - go I".... thank you so much for sharing

5. TigerLilly

TigerLilly I failed Chicken Math

Jul 18, 2010
    Central Florida
    Quote:My saying as well...and it does help keep things in perspective.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by