The Girls are in the "NEW COOP"

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Lady Lakenvelder, Aug 25, 2008.

1. Lady Lakenvelder

Lady Lakenvelder Out Of The Brooder

Jul 17, 2008
    Imlay city, michigan
    My chickens are spending thier first night in the "new" coop. The coop is actually a nearly 100 year old, a two holer outhouse on my property. With the help of family and my DH, It's finally done! And I for the first time used power tools! I made the nest box and the perch with scrap wood in my garage -:lol:and my imagination!!! The cute thing is my chickens never have slept on a perch. Guess where they are sleeping tonight?

2. Bi0sC0mp

Bi0sC0mp Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2008
    Raiford,FLA
    sounds nice got any pictures of it..

3. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

Cool! Dont know about the whole outhouse thing though... did you cover the holes up? LOL [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2008
  4. Ladysonja

Ladysonja Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2008
    Porter, Texas
    Way to Go!

Pics... Must have pics!

My coop is about 60 years younger than yours, but I learned how to play with the power tools too!

Take a flash light out there and see how they are doing and let us know - [​IMG]

5. Lady Lakenvelder

Lady Lakenvelder Out Of The Brooder

Jul 17, 2008
    Imlay city, michigan
    No pics cause my camera battery is dead. The outhouse was filled in a good 70 years ago, and yes I covered the holes ( which were filled in with dirt). My house (well half of it ) was once a cottage it the early turn of the century.

6. Acre of Blessings

Acre of Blessings Canning/Sewing Addict

Apr 3, 2008
    Axton, VA
    Sounds good but....... we need pics! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by