The girls finally got their new house!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by HoP, May 30, 2011.

1. HoP

HoP Out Of The Brooder

Sep 11, 2009
    Portland
    I started this chicken thing two years ago, but due to a house sale and moving, I had to leave my hand built chicken coop behind and I did not even get to use it. I built it all myself,(was a bit crooked),but I was proud to have built it all on my own..
    Once I moved into my new house and set about this time to really get my chicks and build them a house, I decided I just did not have the energy or time to build one myself, so found a guy who just started to build chicken coops.
    I am very happy with it. He built it to my specifications and its perfect!!! I just had to paint it, put sand down, and get the inside set up.
    I am an artist, so eventually I am going to paint each girl on the sides..eventually..haha. However, I did have time to paint some things on the inside. Each girl is a different breed and color, so there are feathers and feet that match each of their colors..(I love the freedom to be silly!).
    Here is the Coop (I planted a clematis to grow up the sides) and put sand and pea gravel around the outside to make it look nicer.

[​IMG]

Here is the inside!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I will upload more photos of their coop as I do a bit more..this is so much fun![​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. BlueBetween

BlueBetween Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2011
    Near Seattle
    very nice! I can't wait to see your 'outside' paintings! So sweet.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by