1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

The "Girls" first experience with snow.

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Roy Rooster, Jan 18, 2013.

1. Roy Rooster

Roy Rooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2010
    Tennesee Smoky Mts.
    We finally got our first snow here in East Tennessee. I have a flock of BO's that got to experience the white
    stuff for the first time.

They look at it through the door. "The sky is falling! The sky is falling!!"

[​IMG]

One brave hen takes the plunge into the mysterious white stuff falling from the sky.
    [​IMG]

One more tries to take the leap but decided that it is much safer in the pen.
    [​IMG]

Roy, decides that it is safest to say in the coop. What a Sissy.
    [​IMG]

This was our first experience with snow. Thanks for viewing.

2. scratch'n'peck

scratch'n'peck Overrun With Chickens

Oct 31, 2008
    West Michigan
    My Coop
    Cute. "What is this cold, wet stuff?" they say. Well at least they have a covered area from which to view the snow and mill around.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2013
  3. Roy Rooster

Jun 9, 2010
    Tennesee Smoky Mts.
    Thanks, they made better spectators then sportsmen out of the snow. My roo Roy was the shyest one of all.
    Good thing snow poses not harm to them, other wise he would have not been much help. [​IMG]

4. Roy Rooster

Jun 9, 2010
    Tennesee Smoky Mts.
    Roy decides that this is as close as he is going to get to the cold wet stuff.

[​IMG]

5. myfinefeatheredfriends

myfinefeatheredfriends Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2011
    Ohio
    Aren't roosters so manly? Always act like they are willing to protect their ladies but when the sky is falling, they won't protect them from the cold, wet stuff lol

6. Roy Rooster

Jun 9, 2010
    Tennesee Smoky Mts.
    I know!! it was so funny. Roy is always strutting around acting like he is all that. But when he sees snow for the
    first time he is scared to death. Took him a few hours just to come out of the coop. [​IMG]

He is so funny!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by