The girls had some company this morning *pics attached*

Little Red Chicken

In the Brooder
9 Years
Mar 1, 2010
When I went out to collect the eggs this morning I saw that some wild turkeys were hanging out around our coop/run having a chat with our four hens. I ran back inside to get my camera and the turkeys stayed for a good 20 minutes. The hens were quite talkative but didn't seem nervous at all.

50014_dsc_0150.jpg

50014_dsc_0153.jpg

50014_dsc_0154.jpg

50014_dsc_0157.jpg

That's wonderful! I finally spotted 2 wild turkeys in the woods last year, they are pretty birds. Haven't seen any around the runs yet, but they may well be hanging around.

Your coop and run are quite nice, too.

Such beautiful pictures, the scenery, the turkeys, your coop and hens! Just lovely! Thanks for sharing your special moment!

Quote:
X 2.

My only experience with turkeys (other than at Thanksgiving, that is) was a month or so ago:
My back yard neighbor asked me, "Have you lost a turkey?"

No, I don't keep turkeys...

and just then, a wild turkey gobbled from above us. We both looked up - it was in a tree on his lot. Wow, 20 feet up there!

"Not my turkey.. " I said. We stood there watching it for a while, then shook our heads and moved on. The next morning, I saw a wild turkey cross the road to get into the Moose Lodge parking lot bushes. We still don't know where it came from, nor did we ever see it again.

Back
Top Bottom