1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

The Girls Have Started Laying !!!!!!!!! We Have Guinea Eggs!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Guinea Fowl' started by kuntrygirl, Feb 4, 2013.

1. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    I found my first 2 guinea eggs this weekend. I wasn't expecting any eggs until March or April. The girls are free ranging all over the place, so that means the eggs are all over the place. :/ I will have to catch them and lock them in their guinea pen, so that I can start collecting eggs for incubating and to give away to a couple people that have asked for guinea eggs. I'm so excited.

[​IMG]

2. mjanderson437

mjanderson437 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2013
    SC Lowcountry
    I had eggs fairly often (3-5 a week) for several weeks beginning in January but haven't gotten any for the past week. The weather has been warm for several days in a row off and on, so I guess they think its spring already.

3. PeepsCA

PeepsCA Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2011
    Big Oak Valley, CA
    Congrats Kuntry!!![​IMG]
    I got my first 2 eggs on Dec16th this season... and after I collected a dozen and a half for eating (and to check fertility... which wasn't that great) I reluctantly started collecting them to incubate. I am up to 12 Hens laying daily so far (out of 60+ Hens). I have 2 small batches and one bigger batch cookin' away in the 'bators. 1st batch is due for lock-down Friday AM...
    Can't believe I am doing this already, again lol
    [​IMG]

4. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    Thanks.

I think I have 6 so far but the eggs are coming slowly. :/ I was thinking about putting them under a broody muscovy. I can't seem to get her off of that nest. :/

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by