The Girls Have Started Laying !!!!!!!!! We Have Guinea Eggs!!!!!!!!!!!

kuntrygirl

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
11 Years
Feb 20, 2008
Opelousas, Louisiana
I found my first 2 guinea eggs this weekend. I wasn't expecting any eggs until March or April. The girls are free ranging all over the place, so that means the eggs are all over the place. :/ I will have to catch them and lock them in their guinea pen, so that I can start collecting eggs for incubating and to give away to a couple people that have asked for guinea eggs. I'm so excited.

I had eggs fairly often (3-5 a week) for several weeks beginning in January but haven't gotten any for the past week. The weather has been warm for several days in a row off and on, so I guess they think its spring already.

Congrats Kuntry!!!
clap.gif

I got my first 2 eggs on Dec16th this season... and after I collected a dozen and a half for eating (and to check fertility... which wasn't that great) I reluctantly started collecting them to incubate. I am up to 12 Hens laying daily so far (out of 60+ Hens). I have 2 small batches and one bigger batch cookin' away in the 'bators. 1st batch is due for lock-down Friday AM...
Can't believe I am doing this already, again lol
he.gif

Thanks.

I think I have 6 so far but the eggs are coming slowly. :/ I was thinking about putting them under a broody muscovy. I can't seem to get her off of that nest. :/

Back
Top Bottom