The Girls See Their First Snow!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Picky Chicky, Mar 2, 2009.

1. Picky Chicky

Picky Chicky Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 22, 2008
    Holly Grove, VA
    It's been YEARS since we've gotten a good snow, but you know what they always say... be careful what you wish for - we got over a foot of the white stuff!!

My best girl - Sabrina (our 7 year old daughter) got to run and play in the snow with her best friend Sara (our 2 yr old German Shepherd).

While they were having fun I decided to let the girls (the chickens) get their first up close and personal with snow. It was hilarious - Cookie and Doughnut - true to form, were the first to come out, but as soon as they saw the white stuff they started flying around - not wanting to land inside of the coop. It was too funny. Then Doughnut kept cowering close to the ground, then would get cold and stand back up. Finally she flew back into the coop followed closely by Cookie.

That was it. I cracked up at the irony of my telling them - You big chickens!!

Now that we've regained our electric (after a 12 hour outage), everyone (including the chickens) are cozy and warm.

One last funny thought... the first thing I did when the power came on was check the forecast on the TV... and can you believe next weekend they're calling for sunshine and 70 degree weather?? I'll take it! [​IMG]

2. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    March can be a crazy month, we just got 14 " of snow, and blizzardy too. It should be fun for you guys, cause it will melt soon, I'm hoping it will start acting like Spring here. Although the snow is beautiful. [​IMG]

I was trying to capture chicken footprints in the snow, and they weren't cooperative at all! Stayed in the coop all day.....

3. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    In like a lion out like a lamb.

Here it's in like a breeze and out like a fire breathing dragon.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by