The Girls sleeping on the Floor

DougDove

Chirping
I have 5 20-22 week girls who haven't started laying yet. That's not what my question is about...
I've had the girls for 12 weeks and no problems with them going in the coop by themselves and climbing up on their roosts. the last 2 evenings I go out to close them in and they are all in but laying on the floor. I went in today and cleaned but tonight back on the floor.
They are kept in a 10x20 pen with a 3x6, 3'6"T coop
Any words of wisdom for me?

Jul 3, 2018
Ohio
I have 5 20-22 week girls who haven't started laying yet. That's not what my question is about...
I've had the girls for 12 weeks and no problems with them going in the coop by themselves and climbing up on their roosts. the last 2 evenings I go out to close them in and they are all in but laying on the floor. I went in today and cleaned but tonight back on the floor.
They are kept in a 10x20 pen with a 3x6, 3'6"T coop
Any words of wisdom for me?
Chickens can be strange birds. I have one that i find sleeping in a corner in the floor every few days. I keep thinking she’s lost in the yard somewhere and i find her huddled in the back corner under the poop board. Most likely it’s just chickens being chickens. It could be more related as they come out on roost bars at night. But unless you had any other symptoms of mites i would say they are just being themselves. Lol

Top Bottom