The Girls (We Hopethat they are girls) are 2 Weeks Old Today-Pics

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by 4hooves&featheredfriends, Mar 10, 2009.

1. 4hooves&featheredfriends

4hooves&featheredfriends Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 5, 2009
    New Hampshire
    My girls are growing up so fast! Yesterday as I was logging onto BYC - something caught my eye in the brooder room. It was an attempted escape - flying 18" off the floor onto the edge of the viewing window! She tried to get through the prison bars but no luck.

So here are a few new pics - Hope you enjoy!

It's not easy being me ....
    [​IMG]
    or

It's been a long, hard night .....
    [​IMG]

Who Me? (Lucile)
    [​IMG]

Make sure you get my good side

[​IMG]

2. Oceanseve

Oceanseve Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Guthrie, OK
    [​IMG] I love the sleeping pic, cute chics!

3. Sequin

Sequin Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    Aaawwww, look how cute!!! I Love Lucille's eyeliner! She is a very pretty little chick. Thanks for sharing the updates!! [​IMG]

4. JenMT

JenMT Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 21, 2009
    Kalispell, Montana
    Lucile really looks like a girl.....she is so pretty and it looks like she knows it too![​IMG]

5. one_egg_at_a_time

one_egg_at_a_time Out Of The Brooder

Feb 25, 2009
    Dade City, FL
    All 4 of them are WAY cute. I love the can not eat anymore so nap time ones [​IMG]

6. 4hooves&featheredfriends

4hooves&featheredfriends Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 5, 2009
    New Hampshire
    Thanks, a minute ago I had my "Oz" a Black Australorp napping on my chest.

Growing up, my family always had chickens but they were just raised in a box, no real contact and they were all of the same breed so a little more difficult to tell one from another.

This time around, I decided to raise the chicks in my house before they go to the farm. It is so different - there are 6 different breeds and I can tell who's who out of 25. I am also seeing who is a little snippy and who is calm and quiet.

Lucile is one of my fav's.

7. one_egg_at_a_time

one_egg_at_a_time Out Of The Brooder

Feb 25, 2009
    Dade City, FL
    4hooves&featheredfriends :

Growing up, my family always had chickens but they were just raised in a box, no real contact and they were all of the same breed so a little more difficult to tell one from another.

I so know what you mean. I have different colors of of polish chicks. So I can tell who is who. I love to see the bold ones and the more meak ones. I have not given them names yet. I lost so many so still waiting for the names.
    Looking good keep the pic coming​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by