The "gloria eye"! :D

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by AnimalsComeFirst, Dec 16, 2011.

1. AnimalsComeFirst

AnimalsComeFirst Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2011
    Hugging a Chicken
    The "gloria eye"!
    [​IMG]
    "Lets see... what does this box say?"
    [​IMG]
    "Hey good lookin!"
    [​IMG]
    Dogs and chickens in harmony!
    [​IMG]
    "Anyone wanna shoot some hoops?"
    [​IMG]
    "I must stare at this thing called 'shadow'..."
    [​IMG]
    "Hand it over. NOW."
    [​IMG]
    "Ok, NOW YOU"RE PUSHING IT!"
    [​IMG]
    "BUG! GET IT SHADOW!"
    [​IMG]
    "Don't go on my bad side, buddy. You reeeally don't want to!"
    [​IMG]
    "hehehe... I have one blue eye and one green eye! See??"
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 16, 2011
  2. Pharm Girl

Pharm Girl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2011
    You could win some serious stink-eye contests with these pics!

3. AnimalsComeFirst

Jun 6, 2011
    Hugging a Chicken
    Quote:Gloria is the stink eye queen... she never EVER looks happy, but I know she loves her home here! [​IMG]

4. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    I love Gloria's slit eye stink eye!

5. TheSpiceGirls

TheSpiceGirls Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2010
    Bay Area, CA
    Quote:Gloria is the stink eye queen... she never EVER looks happy, but I know she loves her home here! [​IMG]

She better know she loves her home. She's one of the most spoiled and loved hens I've read about and I LOVE IT!!! I feel guilty for not spending more time w/ my girls when I see your photos.

6. AnimalsComeFirst

Jun 6, 2011
    Hugging a Chicken

She better know she loves her home. She's one of the most spoiled and loved hens I've read about and I LOVE IT!!! I feel guilty for not spending more time w/ my girls when I see your photos.

Haha, thank you. I sometimes think I spend to much time with them.... my mom thinks I'm obsessed.... [​IMG]

7. TheSpiceGirls

TheSpiceGirls Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2010
    Bay Area, CA
    Quote:She better know she loves her home. She's one of the most spoiled and loved hens I've read about and I LOVE IT!!! I feel guilty for not spending more time w/ my girls when I see your photos.

Haha, thank you. I sometimes think I spend to much time with them.... my mom thinks I'm obsessed.... [​IMG]

Well, I think it's adorable.

I have a hen who's doing the Ugly Molt thing and the poor thing just has bald patches on her right now. I try to scamper home and get her a little treat each evening. It's so hard not to just bring her in the house and put her on a heating pad in front of a big bowl of meal worms.

8. AnimalsComeFirst

Jun 6, 2011
    Hugging a Chicken
    OMG, Gloria had (and still does) the worst molt this year! Her butt is completely featherless, and her neck feels so weird because it has little tips from the feathers that fell out. Gloria is too funny, when I let the three of them out in the morning (7:30 am sharp) Nellie (my new hen) will run right to the pen to get food and water... where as Glory (thats her nickname I gave her.) will wait till Nellie is drinking/eating, then she'll spread her wings and.... WHOOSH!! Across the yard she'll go, flying (literally) into the pen and litteraly push Nellie out of the way (nellie usually see's her coming and will scurry away.) Its the funniest thing! Meanwhile, my semi-blind hen Penny will sit there and watch me clean out the coop and when I'm done will wait for me to carry her to the pen. (I only do this cause she can't see well.)

The joy of chickens! [​IMG]

9. rancher hicks

rancher hicks Chicken Obsessed

Feb 28, 2009
    Syracuse, NY
    I absolutely loved them. I really need to figure out a way to copy them if you'd let me.

Would you e-mail them to me? Or at least some of them?

Rancher

10. AnimalsComeFirst

Jun 6, 2011
    Hugging a Chicken
    Quote:Sure, but do you mind me asking why you need them?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by