The golf balls are in!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by LizGled628, Sep 21, 2010.

1. LizGled628

LizGled628 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2010
    Rhode Island
    Since my girls are approaching 15 weeks (my, how time flies!), I decided to put some golf balls in their nesting box to send then some egg laying vibes for when the time comes. I lifted the roof off the nesting box and put one ball in each of the three boxes and the girls rushed over to investigate. They all poked their little heads out and looked first at the golf ball, then at me, then back at the golf ball like "What the heck?!". Then out of no where, my BR comes rushing into the coop making all sorts of noise. She pushed past all the spectators bawking away and planted her little tush right on top of the mock egg!!! It was like she was saying "I know what to do! [​IMG]" Of course, she hopped off a few minutes later, but I still feel encouraged that she's going to be a great layer [​IMG]

2. pontoosuc

pontoosuc Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2010
    Richmond, MA
    it sounds like she has some great instinct!

my golf balls and fake wooden eggs have been in place for a while. my girls just
    turned 18 weeks....waiting......waiting....

I'll keep my fingers crossed for the both of us.[​IMG]

3. LizGled628

LizGled628 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2010
    Rhode Island
    I know it's really early, but I just can't wait! Part of me wants them to stay babies forever, part of me wants those EGGS! Good luck to you!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by