The good and the bad

Horsefly

Songster
10 Years
Jan 11, 2010
Virginia
We have lots of flies and ticks in the back part of our property and I wanted to get some guineas. I need to know all of he good things about them but also the not good things. What kind of housing to they need? Will they roost in the trees? They will be fenced in several acres with some goats and a few ducks on a large pond. Will they wander off? Thanks for any info.

They don't necessarily need housing, except maybe in winter if it gets really cold. They'll roost in trees. Ours stay close and we live on a lot of acres. We started them out in a small coop with a fully fenced/covered small yard to get them to know that this is home, then let them out after several weeks. We keep food and water in their coop just in case...they rarely go in there when the weather is nice. But this winter we'll turn a light on in it at night for warmth when it gets really cold...last winter they spent the cold snowy days in the coop. Good luck!!

Thanks, what do you feed them? Will the chicken food work? Also where is the best place to buy them? Sorry for the questions, I just want to know what I am getting into.

Back
Top Bottom