The Great Banana Bread Disaster of 2015

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by EmtheFishLady, Apr 12, 2016.

1. EmtheFishLady

EmtheFishLady We're all mad here

Jan 13, 2011
    Glen, MS
    Exactly one year ago today, I went to the Farmer's Market with my Hubby. While there, I bought some Banana bread from a very American, honest looking old granny...I was looking forward to this bread. I take a bite, no nuts. There's no nuts in the whole loaf. Biggest letdown since I figured out that life was in fact NOT like a box of chocolates. What kind of world are we living in if I can't trust an old lady to bake her banana bread the right way? Anyway, I ranted about this on Facebook last year, and got mixed results. Some people say banana bread without nuts is fine. I personally think that it just should not even be baked without nuts. Facebook reminded me of this very distressing issue, and I figured I'd post it here and see what everyone thought on the matter. Because as you all know, I like to tackle the important issues of today.

2. beetandsteet

beetandsteet Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2015
    SE Texas
    I'm on team no-nuts [​IMG]

3. EmtheFishLady

Jan 13, 2011
    Glen, MS
    NO nuts?!? What is the POINT without nuts? Do you like your banana bread minus the bananas too?

4. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

[​IMG] [​IMG]

5. EmtheFishLady

Jan 13, 2011
    Glen, MS
    Does this mean you're in favor of nuts in bread?

6. Alibreit

Alibreit Out Of The Brooder

Mar 7, 2016
    Southwest, Idaho
    We always do either nuts or chocolate chips.

1 person likes this.
  7. EmtheFishLady

Jan 13, 2011
    Glen, MS
    Never heard of putting chocolate chips in it...not sure how I feel about that. I'll get back to you on that. Do you at least use nuts AND chocolate chips?

8. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

I sure do!

9. Alibreit

Alibreit Out Of The Brooder

Mar 7, 2016
    Southwest, Idaho
    My husband and sons are very picky about the types of nuts they will eat. i prefer walnuts in banana bread, but they will only eat it if I use hazelnuts. They say they would eat it if I used peanuts, but that just sounds wrong to me. So sometimes when I make a large batch of banana bread I split the batch and put only chocolate chips in their loaves, if we do not have any hazelnuts. Then I put either walnuts with chocolate chips or just walnuts in the part my daughter and I claim as ours.

10. EmtheFishLady

Jan 13, 2011
    Glen, MS
    So what in hearing is, your husband and sons are mutants?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by