1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

The Great Devide ......

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by Squishy, Oct 20, 2011.

1. Squishy

Squishy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2011
    Florida
    I've been reading BackYardHerds every now and then, but finally remembered to register over there recently, and am glad I did [​IMG].

It started me thinking.... there's such a big devide between these sites. We have the same people, the same great layout, just a different topic being discussed... yet not nearly the kind of traffic over there that we find here.

Judging by the popularity of our "OtherPets&Livestock" section over here... I don't think the problem is the amount of people with herd animals... because ALOT of BYC members have other livestock that is covered over on BYH.

I myself seem to favor posting my equine topics over here... I don't even always know why.

So after watching so many episodes of Kitchen Nightmares with Gordon Ramsay (LOL funny inspiration there!)... I think the problem is as simple as having a restaurant with two floors.... people don't want to walk up the stairs.

It's just not simple enough. People don't like to register and login on multiple sites. People don't want to jump from socializing on this site, over to the other site to post about their herd animals. It's just human nature.

So my train of thought is... What if we combined the two sites? It would be a win-win for both sites, there would be more total members and bring in more folks who first come to these wonderful forums.

It would definitely be a boon for the members... everything on one forum, one login... and a consolodated socializing area.

The Index page might be a little long with forum sections, true... but I think a little consolodation or a simple Sub Index for the Herds part of it would result in a site that still works efficiently.

These are just my thoughts. Tell me what you all think?? [​IMG]

2. 44Wolves

44Wolves Here is Your New Title

Jun 28, 2009
    Agreed 200%

3. A.T. Hagan

A.T. Hagan Don't Panic

Aug 13, 2007
    North/Central Florida
    Traffic flow on the BYC board is already high enough that it's a problem to even just catch up with the thread titles much less actually try to read a significant percentage of them.

In fact I would like to be able to filter the results when I click on "recent posts" or "show new posts since last visit" so that I can subtract all of the "Games, Jokes & Fun" threads. This would significantly reduce the number of threads that one has to wade through.

4. OldGuy43

OldGuy43 Chillin' With My Peeps

A.T. Hagan :

Traffic flow on the BYC board is already high enough that it's a problem to even just catch up with the thread titles much less actually try to read a significant percentage of them.

In fact I would like to be able to filter the results when I click on "recent posts" or "show new posts since last visit" so that I can subtract all of the "Games, Jokes & Fun" threads. This would significantly reduce the number of threads that one has to wade through.

Agreed!​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by