The great pig chase...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by hearthnsoul, May 25, 2010.

1. hearthnsoul

hearthnsoul Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2009
    Cape Cod
    You know everything good happens when I am sleeping. I was feeling so funky all day yesterday that by dinner time I just wanted to veg out and watch tv, which usually leads to sleep, which it did. Apparently my husband and my two younger sons decided to muck out the barn. My husband called me this morning to tell me that my pig is s sneak and to watch out for him around the doors. Wilbur apparently got loose yesterday and headed for the bamboo,...my husband hasn't had much time to watch how the pig works,..so to speak,..so he tried to catch it [​IMG] Fo starters you don't catch this pig,..no if's and and buts about it,..so my husband and two sons are running around chasing said pig. I would have paid to see that, tv pffft.
    Finally my older son said wait!!! Mom said when she wants the pig she puts food in a can and shakes. So he ran back to the barn and my husband said Wilbur was in mid sprint when the can shook and he stopped dead in his tracks and turned making a run for the food. My husband said he couldnt believe it,..here they are chasing and chasing this pig on the ground in the air and one shake of a can and badabing he is puddy in his hands.
    Apparently that wasn't enough for the day,..my younger son went and left the covered run open,..and said pig made his way out once again,..this time no drama one shake of the can and back he went. I so would have had my camera out for all that [​IMG]

2. SillyChicken

SillyChicken Overrun With Chickens

Jan 12, 2010
    The amazing part is that your older son apparently was listening to you! [​IMG] Congratulations! [​IMG]

3. fancbrd4me02

fancbrd4me02 Chillin' With My Peeps

I love pigs! What a funny story!

4. Sugar Sand Farm

Sugar Sand Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2007
    North Florida
    We have had many great pig escapes. The last one they bull dozed the fence down and took off for the woods. Now this is not a good thing when its hunting season and you live adjacent to the wildlife management area. One pig came when we called her but the other was gone WE drove around for hours talked to neighbors to warn them she was out. Finally we just gave up thinking we had lost her Later that morning while watering the ducks we heard crashing in the woods and sure enough she came wandering out of the woods like it was an everyday occurence. Now these are 350-400 pound porkers so you dont just shake a can and they come running but having not eaten she did finally come into the yard when we filled her feed bucket up and slowly walked in front of her she kept her nose in the bucket and just walked into the pen. Thankfully they are gone now so no moe wild pig escapes for me.

5. hearthnsoul

hearthnsoul Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2009
    Cape Cod

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by