The Great Roof Project

Ninjasquirrel

Free Ranging
5 Years
May 11, 2018
Northwest Indiana
My husband bought our house before we were together which was 11 years ago. It was a HUD home and needed various improvements but men being being men just let some of those go off to the side. Now the home has become a catch 22 on all projects. I sat down with dear fiancee about what would stop a lot of them...the roof.

We decided to do it ourselves for vost reasons but now I'm wishing we paid someone. We started roofing on sunday expecting a much larger turn out of helpers. Sadly only his parents and Best Man arrived.

If this crew was hired to work I woild have fired them already. They take breaks frequently, gab and jibber jabber over thinking everything. Meanwhile due to my extreme fear of heights I'm stuck on the ground wondering whem this will be done. Weve been at it since sunday and its still not done. Weve had perfect weather and its still not done.

Lesson learned....never do something yourself unless you have competent workers lined up

That's a shame. I don't know how complicated your roof is, but I know my husband can do an uncomplicated (not multi-level, or one with fancy valleys and stuff) roof in less than a week by himself. 🤷‍♀️

That's a shame. I don't know how complicated your roof is, but I know my husband can do an uncomplicated (not multi-level, or one with fancy valleys and stuff) roof in less than a week by himself. 🤷‍♀️
The biggest issue is that we didnt have the work force we needed. His parents were helping but also not listening. We have it done now but it was just issue after issue on a relatively uncomplicated job. Next time we both agreed that we'd hire it done by a professional

Back
Top Bottom