the guard kitty (pic)

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by sdshoars, May 16, 2008.

1. sdshoars

sdshoars Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2008
    Texas
    she loves the chickens, and not really in a "i want to eat you sort of way" more of a "you're little and i am not sure what you are" way. and this is what she does now. she sleeps by the brooder, and if we walk by, she eyeballs us. and if we actually want to get the chicks out, she kinda gives us the stink eye. i think its cute.
    [​IMG]

2. Farmer Kitty

Farmer Kitty Flock Mistress

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    How cute!

3. happyhen

happyhen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    Northeastern Ohio
    Too sweet! My kitten loves to lay by the brooder too....I just worry when I catch her licking her lips! [​IMG]

4. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    I had a cat that used to sleep on top of my tank with african breeder rats in it. .. but he thought of it more of "dinner and a show"

5. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    Cute pic!

6. Bawkadoodledoo

Bawkadoodledoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2008
    Central MA
    if you see my paranoia thread i would have nervous breakdowns if i caught that happening near by brooder.

7. bangor777

bangor777 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2008
    my two himalayans sleep so innocently outside the room the chicks are in, I'm terrified that someone will leave the door open. The chicks are secure, I can just picture the cats getting on top of the brooder and YEEEEEOOOOOW...that red heat lamp. Fried pussy cat. The cats fur is so long it would definitely hit the light. They don't have me fooled with that innocent look either. They would love to "play" with those chicks!

8. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Cute...some cats are that way. I have a picture of our cat carrying my DD's pet rat around on its back...like a furry cab. [​IMG]

9. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    I've posted pics of Captain Jack and the other cats with my birds, they are great together. I have an outside cat right now who showed up to have dinner one night and stuck around. I was worried about it around the chicks and ducks but they get along great and he sleeps in the kennel at night with some of the younger babies, kind of like a furry heater?
    K

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by