The Guinea Keets :D

Discussion in 'Guinea Fowl' started by SterlingAcres, Oct 25, 2008.

1. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Are now a little over 7 weeks old and getting ugly. LOL Just wanted to throw out a recent picture. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. youdontknow32

youdontknow32 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2008
    South Western PA
    Wow that is so cool, I've never seen a little one....thanks for sharing the picture!!

-Nicole

3. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

They go through the stage where their head looks like they were singed in a fire, LOL.

4. feathersgalore

feathersgalore Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 4, 2008
    Central Ohio
    They really do go through an ugly stage. From being such adorable keets to well yucky. I do enjoy the way the adults look.

5. henjoy

henjoy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2007
    Thanks for the cute photo. It makes me really miss having guineas. As soon as I can figure out how to keep them out of the neighbor's strawberries, I'm getting some more. Thanks for helping keep me motivated to find a solution.

6. sweetshoplady

sweetshoplady Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2008
    Venice, Florida
    She's beautiful. Just look at those eyelashes! Granted its not in fashion to be in stripes and polka dots, but perhaps she's dressed for the golf course.

I love that color of Guinea. I only have one that's dark with the white polka dots.

She really is gorgeous! (Just ask any male guinea) [​IMG]

That's a great picture too, really shows off her coloring.

7. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Quote:LOL! Don't they!?

Henjoy, I didn't even consider that! We have one older gentleman neighbor and he has a garden. It's fenced, but I don't think it's covered... Maybe I can't let them free range after all? I'll turn them loose in a few months and we'll go from there I guess.

sweet, Thanks very much [​IMG] I enjoy taking photos of my birds.

8. swampducks

swampducks Overrun With Guineas

Feb 29, 2008
    Barton City, MI
    That's not ugly at all, that's BEAUTIFUL!!!

[​IMG]

9. kinnip

kinnip Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2008
    Carrollton, GA
    Ugly stage? My young adults aren't winning any beauty contests. Of course, I think they're lovely. My BF keeps asking if there's something wrong with them. He seems to think their waddles are about to come off. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by