The Guineas Are Hatching!

Discussion in 'Guinea Fowl' started by caral07, Apr 15, 2011.

1. caral07

caral07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2010
    Ruston Louisiana
    It is day 25 and one has hatched and 5 have peeped.The only thing is I hadent gone on lockdown. Hes in the egg turner.

2. PeepsCA

PeepsCA Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2011
    Big Oak Valley, CA
    No biggy, just quickly open the incubator, pull out the egg turner, (and the wet keet, keep him warm.. wrapped in a warm towel from the dryer maybe?), add more water and put the eggs and the newly hatched keet back in the incubator and lock that puppy down [​IMG] (If you haven't already).

Congrats on the new keet, what color is it?

I've had 15 hatch today so far, with a bunch more pipped and peeping eggs still to go! [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 15, 2011
  3. caral07

Jun 18, 2010
    Ruston Louisiana
    Its brown and another just hatched and its brown too. They are pearls I think. The dad is a pearl and the moms are slates.

4. PeepsCA

PeepsCA Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2011
    Big Oak Valley, CA
    Quote:Aww [​IMG] If any slates hatch, please post a pic, I'd love to see slate keets!

And I was wrong, 24 keets have hatched now, every time I look in the hatcher a few more have popped out of their shells, lol [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. caral07

Jun 18, 2010
    Ruston Louisiana
    Sorry no slates yet.[​IMG] But 6 hatched and one died [​IMG] Another one piped but died as well. So I have 5 in the brooder and am still waiting on the other. There are still 8 in the incabator and last time i candeled them they weren't quite developed. But I will post some pic if a slate hatches.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by