The Gypsy Daydream coop. Now this is fancy!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by WoodlandWoman, Jun 17, 2010.

1. WoodlandWoman

WoodlandWoman Overrun With Chickens

May 8, 2007
    Wisconsin
    You know, I really do think this is a cute coop! It makes me wish I could paint, so I could do this to my coop. Although, I don't think it would look quite the same on a big old shed. It's in the UK, by the way.

http://www.flytesofancy.co.uk/chickenhouses/The_Gypsy_Daydream.html

They have a lot of interesting things here, like signs for your yard that say, "Free Range Children." [​IMG]

2. GardeNerd

GardeNerd Chillin' With My Peeps

Boy, am I having chicken tractor envy now! It is really adorable. Thanks for posting it.

3. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

Adorable and creative!! [​IMG] I see the UK builders exaggerate as much as the American ones when it comes to marketing about the number of birds their coops would be appropriate for...lol...15 birds??? I don't think so...unless they were little tiny gals.

4. kristenm1975

kristenm1975 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2008
    Seattle, WA
    I would never buy something like that, but I sure do love to check out all the coops they offer. It gives me all kinds of ideas for what to do myself. I agree with teach1rusl about the exaggeration on how many birds will fit in those coops though. I think that's a bit unethical. People will end up with pecked hens if they just trust the company and go by their guidelines. It's a shame that they can't just be satisfied with selling a beautiful, and by appearances anyway, well-made product. Just my humble opinion.

5. joletabey

joletabey SDWD!!!!

Apr 9, 2009
    western NC
    What a cool coop- reminds me of the caravans Renaissance Festival people used to make themselves- I wouldn't mind one big enough for a guest house!

6. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Now ain't that something?

7. Chick-N-Antics

Chick-N-Antics Out Of The Brooder

Jul 31, 2008
    Olivet, MI USA
    Heck with the chickens, I would stay in this!!![​IMG]

8. ChickenCrazed

ChickenCrazed Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2009
    Indiana
    I love it!...Very wimsical!...Hmmmmm gets me thinking!...That could be dangerous! [​IMG]

~Laura

9. blefky

blefky life in the yard

Mar 18, 2010
    stamford, ct
    That's one really cute coop - but the price isn't!

10. HenPen

HenPen Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2009
    New Hampshire
    That is so pretty...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by