The Hall of Shame

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by ND, Dec 3, 2010.

1. ND

ND Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2010
    I'm a freeloading pullet that hasn't yet laid any eggs yet. I like to show off my pretty comb and wattles, for a long time now. I'm teasing you.

[​IMG]

I'm a freeloader, too! My comb and wattles aren't nearly as grand, but I've been seeing willingly squatting for the Roo. Psych!

[​IMG]

I am NOT worried about my freeloading- The big guy's got MY back!

[​IMG]

It's a line-up. Pick out the freeloaders. (hint, you can't go wrong) Were we not SUPPOSED to eat this thing because it was in a POT? [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Don't look at me! Sister BR has a much nicer comb than I... I am entitled to freeload!

[​IMG]

One of these is not like the other... Pick the freeloader!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

You think I should do WHAT? So you can eat WHAT?
    [​IMG]

I don't THINK so!
    [​IMG]

Just a PARTIAL lineup of the HALL of SHAME of FREELOADERS. The rest... well, they were just too ashamed to show their freeloading faces.

I grilled chicken dinner outside last night... hoping it's make some of them nervous...

Shame your freeloaders HERE!

2. LeezyBeezy

LeezyBeezy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2010
    Lancaster PA
    hysterical!! I have 4 to add to your line up- two 2 y.o.s who are almost done molting (OK, they can slide this time), and two 7 month old EEs who are not laying yet!

3. shellybean40

shellybean40 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2010
    Boerne, TX
    [​IMG]

so funny! I only have one freeloader, but no camera, so I will not post her pic.
    She is a tiny banty, so chicken dinner she is not.

4. Cowgirl71

Cowgirl71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2010
    Missouri Ozarks
    [​IMG]
    I especially like "You think I should do WHAT? So you can eat WHAT?" [​IMG] [​IMG]

I have many free loaders destined for the soup pot... [​IMG]

5. Kittymomma

Kittymomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2009
    Olympia, WA
    [​IMG]

Thanks for posting. I hope your girls get with the program soon--actually I wouldn't be certain that they haven't already, maybe it's time for an Easter egg hunt? Anyhow, I really enjoyed the "Hall of Shame" and am now leaving for work WITH a smile. [​IMG]

6. ND

ND Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2010
    Nope... no hidden nests. Positive. They only get limited 'free range' in our fenced backyard for an hour to three a few times a week right before bedtime. It's pretty supervised, because of predators (and we have to lock up our dogs, too), and everyone is pretty much out in the open exploring. Not many hiding places even. The rest of the time, they're confined to a large run (but pretty bare with no hiding spots) and their coop. [​IMG]

I am not 100% positive on their exact ages. I got them the 3rd week of July, and most were around 9, 10, 11 weeks old, except for the Brahmas- they were adults. (the SLW were only about 6 weeks, though...and the GL is maybe a few weeks older, but not much, than the others) So the majority should be in the 27-30 week range? With two being around 23 weeks, and two (one shown) being 33+ weeks?

A black sex-link (30+ weeks, same age as the GLW) started laying about three weeks ago, ONE BO has laid several eggs this week... and one of my brahmas has decided to lay 2-3 eggs in the last 10 days or so. BUT, the BA was spotted yesterday squatting for the roo... so MAYBE soon? At this point, I didn't expect any of them to lay because of the shorter days and cold... but maybe, just maybe... it won't take me two weeks to gather enough eggs for a breakfast or two sooner than MUCH later! [​IMG]

7. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

You might be frustrated with your gorgeous freeloaders, but I absolutely loved to look at them and really enjoyed your commentary. Thanks so much for posting this!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by