the hatching has begun :-)

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by janukey, Nov 21, 2014.

1. janukey

janukey Out Of The Brooder

Nov 20, 2014
    Hi there

i`d just to introduce myself, my name is Jan and i live in Suffolk, England and after extensively reading all the terrific information on this wonderful site over the past few weeks i purchased an incubator lamp etc and 12 lemon millefleur eggs off fleabay and out of 12 eggs i have one chick hatched (dave) and 4 others pipping and peeping..such exciting times :) in another life i kept and raised modern and old english game as well as other assorted misfits fowl wise and realised recently i needed feathered friends back in my life.

this is the first time i have used an incubator and i wanted to be in their lives right from the start this time and what a joy it is :)

one extremely valuable piece of advice i hammered into to my brain was patience !! and it will always stay in my mind as i can see myself hatching more eggs as it is sooo addictive..and thank goodness i have my work to go to as i think i have wry neck from peering through the bator sides every 10 minutes haha

wonderful wonderful site indeed and thanks for having me here

jan xxx

2. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Hi Jan, welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

Sounds like your incubation is going well. It would be fun to see some photos of your new little ones when you can share them with us. Nice to have you here, if you have any questions feel free to ask.

3. janukey

Nov 20, 2014
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Dave awaiting his siblings encouraging them with plenty of vocals in between falling asleep with his head touching his toes bless him/her xxx[​IMG] one of thems zipping like mad now, shame i have to go to work soon

thank you for the welcome NorthFLChick

4. janukey

Nov 20, 2014
    very shortly after posting this Steve appeared to keep Dave company.....i think Alan will be next to hatch [​IMG]

5. N F C

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    They are adorable! Maybe you should call in sick to work, do you think they would pardon you for missing due to babies coming? lol

6. janukey

Nov 20, 2014
    i would have called in sick but my work mates are fully informed of my activities with the chicks lol but one good thing is my work computor is allowing this site on !!!!! wahey <3 <3

1 person likes this.
  7. janukey

Nov 20, 2014
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

my next batch of eggs soon to be sent [​IMG] red porcelain and blue/gold porcelain sablepoots [​IMG]

8. N F C

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Pretty birds!

9. janukey

Nov 20, 2014
    well the reds decided enough was enough and ceased laying but the 6 blue/gold eggs all look occupied [​IMG]

here are my 5 millies absolutely enjoying their hanging green tweets (pun intended) they have so much fun pecking away one often finding real and imagined goodies running around the pen with the others in tow then the game begins again as the swop over lol

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by