The Hen Hut! Finally finished (mostly) our coop.

OurBackyardFarm

In the Brooder
Mar 8, 2016
Pennsylvania
So excited to share pictures of our coop, though I didn't think to get a picture of the outside until just now. haha! Will post that tomorrow. The roost is actually something our daughter found at a lake, she wanted then to have it.

**We do have one little girl that appears to be getting picked on so we have her in the coop but separated.

Nice looking coop! Enjoy it while it is pristine. It won't stay that way long.

For the girl getting picked on, I have had luck putting Vics Salve on the spots where they are picking. The other birds don't like the taste and after a couple times of a mouth full, they quit. Doesn't always work, but it is worth a try. Oh and also be sure to keep her separated if she is bleeding because they will certainly go for that.

Nice looking coop!  Enjoy it while it is pristine.  It won't stay that way long.

For the girl getting picked on, I have had luck putting Vics Salve on the spots where they are picking.  The other birds don't like the taste and after a couple times of a mouth full, they quit.  Doesn't always work, but it is worth a try.  Oh and also be sure to keep her separated if she is bleeding because they will certainly go for that.

Yeah we are definitely prepped for the mess. Lol

Oh yeah, she was separated as soon as we saw she was getting picked on. We put her in their old brooder inside the new coop, so they can't get to her but she's not alone. :)

Back
Top Bottom