The Hen Hut Flock! - 2019

DotTheHen

Songster
May 6, 2019
Hello! This is just a little thread for my flock's growth/life! I have six ladies: three Barred Rocks and three Cuckoo Marans! Their names are Dot, Stripes, Chicken (yes, Chicken the chicken), Waffles, Roxy, and Peep. I will be getting an EE cockerel and a pullet this weekend to add the the flock!

All of my girls:

theflock.jpg

The lovely Dot:

dottydot.jpg

Chicken and Stripes chillin:

idk.jpg

Their coop is also getting a new paint job, slowly but surely! I'll add a before and after picture once I've completed it! I'll also post pictures of the new roo and pullet!

~DotTheHen

Thank you so much! I got a lot more painting done today, and I should have it fully completed by this weekend! :celebrate

Little side story of today: my girls are right next to two horse pastures, and they recently found out that the pony's pasture has much better grass... so about three of them slipped under the gate to scratch around. But said pony who also likes said grass did not enjoy it being dug up... so he trotted over to them, chasing them out of the pasture. But like the persistent little devils they are, they repeated this until the pony got tired, and I had to stop my painting to herd them away from the annoyed equine :lol: Waffles continued to test him so I put little t-post covers to block the entrance... but she just hopped over them. I guess I'll need to find a piece of wood or something XD

Thank you so much! I got a lot more painting done today, and I should have it fully completed by this weekend! :celebrate

Little side story of today: my girls are right next to two horse pastures, and they recently found out that the pony's pasture has much better grass... so about three of them slipped under the gate to scratch around. But said pony who also likes said grass did not enjoy it being dug up... so he trotted over to them, chasing them out of the pasture. But like the persistent little devils they are, they repeated this until the pony got tired, and I had to stop my painting to herd them away from the annoyed equine :lol: Waffles continued to test him so I put little t-post covers to block the entrance... but she just hopped over them. I guess I'll need to find a piece of wood or something XD

I can so see that! One of my cockerels escaped my barn and started chasing my yearling cattle, who then decided to chase back. That was when my little boyo realized he was about 800-900lbs short in weight ;) it was an ego shock for him.

Love the story! Glad to have more chicken tales to read... thanks for joining us :D

Back
Top Bottom