The Hidden Door-A Role Play (AKA The Most Dangerous Coffee Shop II)

LittleBrownie

4D Personality
5 Years
Sep 30, 2014
California
Blair laughed, bringing her gaze up to his. "Yes, you are. You can really drive me crazy sometimes." She couldn't stay mad at him for such a simple thing, not when his laugh was ringing in her ears and his grin was so bright. She unlaced her fingers from one of his, fingertips dancing across his jawline before cupping the side of his face, listening to him, giving a soft murmur when he finished.
He had listened to her so closely, and even when she had had her gaze downwards she could still feel him watching her. She had never thought of him as a patient person, not at all. But he always was with her, even the times she'd texted him in the middle of the night when she was thinking things far too dark for her to handle. Not that she ever admitted what was actually wrong...
"You're amazing, Take." She didn't know what possessed her to say it so randomly, but she did. "Really amazing. Even when you're being annoying."
Take’s ego literally screamed for the compliments, no matter how small they may be. He opened his three eyes enough to see completely, his beaming smile not daring to cease. “It took you that long to realize it..?” His free hand went up and rested on the side of her neck, arranging her hair over her shoulder before doing so. “Thanks though, you’re really amazing too Blair.” he leaned down and closed his eyes, capturing her lips in his for a couple seconds before breaking away. His eyes flickered open and gave her a small smile, squeezing her hand, “Come on, lets go.”

RoostersAreAwesome

Free Ranging
May 21, 2017
Walking through the dark forest, Charlie did what any sensible person would do- he started making clicking noises under his breath.
Maya didn't even bother shooting him a look this time, instead staring around with uneasiness and wonder at their unusual surroundings. Some of the animals looked almost familiar, their traits like hybrids of animals on earth. Some, however, were downright unexplainable. These animals aren't that scared of us. She observed, Maybe this is the first time they've seem human-like creatures.

By the time they got to the clearing of the angry bacon, Charlie's weird noises had ceased. For a couple minutes he was indecisive as he stared at the smoking piles of angry dead boars. I could get food poisoning and die. If I die I won't have to do my math test. But I also would throw up a lot. That's not good. In the end he made up his mind and went on ahead, assuming that the people who were rapidly disappearing into the undergrowth were just going on ahead a little bit rather then trying to ditch everyone else, including him.
Maya didn't even notice when Charlie wandered off. When she finally did realize his absence, she stared around accusingly. That invisible jump-out-of-the-bushes trick isn't going to work again.
Charlie continued to walk after the other group. As he lost sight of the bigger group, he sped up a little. The dark forest was making him feel uneasy. In an unconscious response, he went invisible without even knowing it. Finally, he caught up to the others. "Hey," he said, still invisible.
Clary’s nose wrinkled, watching everyone devour the smoked creatures. That’s so gross. She thought, turning away. Her attention was drawn to a twig that suddenly broke. She took a few cautious steps closer, and then jumped when a person suddenly appeared. “Charlie?” She asked, stifling a scream. “You came through too? How long have you been invisible?”
(I meant to have Charlie unknowingly follow Lilith, Kevin, Kylan, and Aria, thinking that they're part of the bigger group, but I think I should just let the couples have some alone time. XD)

"Hey," Charlie said, giving her a crooked grin, as if they had just met up after lunch and weren't trapped in a different dimension. "Uh.." he opened his mouth, stared at the forest floor for a few moments, then slowly looked up again. "I don't know,"

Butterscotchbitesfinger

Crossing the Road
Nov 2, 2018
(I meant to have Charlie unknowingly follow Lilith, Kevin, Kylan, and Aria, thinking that they're part of the bigger group, but I think I should just let the couples have some alone time. XD)

"Hey," Charlie said, giving her a crooked grin, as if they had just met up after lunch and weren't trapped in a different dimension. "Uh.." he opened his mouth, stared at the forest floor for a few moments, then slowly looked up again. "I don't know,"
(I don’t mind him following not sure about @FrankieDoodle and @RiverStorm)

Amer

Enabler
Nov 8, 2017
Wisconsin
My Coop
My Coop
Charlie continued to walk after the other group. As he lost sight of the bigger group, he sped up a little. The dark forest was making him feel uneasy. In an unconscious response, he went invisible without even knowing it. Finally, he caught up to the others. "Hey," he said, still invisible.
Charlie went silent when his greeting was ignored. Then he looked his feet and found out they weren't there. I'm stupid. He became visible again, and almost tripped over a root. "Oof," he muttered.

Out of all the terrifying creatures in the forest, Charlie was the one who finally got the honor to cause Cam to scream bloody murder.
She screeched, and consequently demanded “How long have you been here?” She stood for a moment, breathing in a sigh.
“You came this close to fainting,” Kyle said, pinching his index finger and thumb impossibly close. “Seriously, breathe next time.”
Cam considered punting him all thirty miles to the next village, but decided against it, we still need some kind of responsible adult supervising us. Before things dissolve into chaos. Besides, Kyle is kinda cute.

HeavensHens88

Remembering the Forgotten
May 17, 2015
Almost Home
My Coop
My Coop
Aella rounded the rhino, watching Ciro's painful attempts to mount it, tensed in case he slipped. Not that she could do much, she could barely haul her own weight, much less another person. She had intended to only follow the shifter, aiding them if needed.
But Ciro extended a hand to her, causing her to look up at him rather abruptly. She hesitated, her head tilted just the slightest bit. Not in curiosity, but in literal confusion. Only a few beats passed, however, before a grin split across her face, a breathy laugh escaping her as she realized what he meant. She killed the flames in her hands, only letting them dance upon her shoulders.
She grabbed his hand, careful as she hauled herself up onto the rhino's back with only a little difficulty. It was uncomfortable, to say the least, a strange feeling to be seated on a creatures back. A creature that had a human mind, no less, but also the strange feeling of its protective armor.
But she couldn't stop grinning for whatever stupid reason, even though the whispers on the wind were far more panicked then she was, warning her not to trust anybody. She laughed, though. Laughed at the hypocriticality of the warnings compared to her own view of things.
For once someone didn't think she was crazy, and she wasn't willing to just up and leave him. Don't you remember the last time we trusted somebody? How horribly it turned out?
Haddie waited until they were both on her back, then stood and began to walk towards the rest of the group, keeping her horn up in an attempt to keep the lower branches from knocking the two off of her.
Ciro kept his teeth clenched against the pain that the rhino's ambling gait kept recharging. He could feel the aggravated muscles' tension gradually loosening, but it'd be sore for a while yet.
He wasn't going to turn around, because that'd have him nose-to-nose with Aella. He'd already committed enough awkwardness.
But he was going to continue their conversation from before and he knew exactly what he was going to bring up. Not the stealing, not the law evasion, but...
"Before, you said...roofs," he ventured. "You were running on the roofs." He shook his head to express his admiring incredulity and immediately regretted it. "I've been trying for years, niña, and every time I think I've got it, voy splat."

Last edited:

Rubysword

Free Ranging
Apr 19, 2017
Colorado Springs
Ciro kept his teeth clenched against the pain that the rhino's ambling gait kept recharging. He could feel the aggravated muscles' tension gradually loosening, but it'd be sore for a while yet.
He wasn't going to turn around, because that'd have him nose-to-nose with Aella. He'd already committed enough awkwardness.
But he was going to continue their conversation from before and he knew exactly what he was going to bring up. Not the stealing, not the law evasion, but...
"Before, you said...roofs," he ventured. "You were running on the roofs." He shook his head to express his admiring incredulity and immediately regretted it. "I've been trying for years, niña, and every time I think I've got it, I ir splat."
(voy is for "I go"... irregular conjugations suck XD and he might just say voy splat and leave the I out. Since spanish conjugations tell you who the subject is you don't have to use it all the time)
Haddie pushed past a few confining branches into the clearing, immediately noticing the absence of the four newbies. Well what're we gonna do with the wolf now? She huffed and knelt again, waiting for the two intelligent newbies to dismount. Why on earth would they leave? I know where the kids are and where some relative safety is. A thought hit her like the drastic increase in hunger she felt when she tried shifting into a blue whale. DID KYLE NOT ****ING TELL THEM?!?!???!

Cluckcluck1215

Free Ranging
Jan 21, 2016
Maine
My Coop
My Coop
Take’s ego literally screamed for the compliments, no matter how small they may be. He opened his three eyes enough to see completely, his beaming smile not daring to cease. “It took you that long to realize it..?” His free hand went up and rested on the side of her neck, arranging her hair over her shoulder before doing so. “Thanks though, you’re really amazing too Blair.” he leaned down and closed his eyes, capturing her lips in his for a couple seconds before breaking away. His eyes flickered open and gave her a small smile, squeezing her hand, “Come on, lets go.”
"No, it did not take me that long to realize it. I guess I just never said it." Blair smiled at him, genuinely this time. When his kissed her, her thumb gently brushed over his cheek repeatedly, a calming manner which she could never cease doing. "Thanks..." she grinned at him when they broke away, her hand falling back to her side. She never really believed anybody when they gave compliments, but it was the genuineness of Take that lead her to believe it, even for just a few moments.
She squeezed his hand back, not letting go as she nodded, and called Kit softly, away from where she had a squirrel-like animal trapped in the tree. However, by the spines on its tail and face, and it's odd looking eyes, it most definitely wasn't a squirrel.
She led Take and Kit back towards the group, hoping Haddie had come back so they could continue on with what they were doing instead of sitting around and waiting.

Cluckcluck1215

Free Ranging
Jan 21, 2016
Maine
My Coop
My Coop
"Before, you said...roofs," he ventured. "You were running on the roofs." He shook his head to express his admiring incredulity and immediately regretted it. "I've been trying for years, niña, and every time I think I've got it, I ir splat."
The rhino's gait beneath them was a foreign feeling, uncomfortable even, to Aella. However, she didn't mind, solely because of the fact that it wasn't every day that somebody got to ride a rhino.
She felt safer, not as exposed to the looming shadows, even if it was significantly darker since she kept most of the fire at bay, not willing to accidentally burn anybody. She listened to Ciro quietly when he spoke, giving a nod even though he couldn't see her.
"Yes. Roofs. When you've been doing it for..." She broke off, tapping her fingers with the opposite hand in attempt to remember how long she'd been doing it. "When you've been doing it pretty much every day for eight or nine years, you get pretty good at it."

Top Bottom