The Hidden Door-A Role Play (AKA The Most Dangerous Coffee Shop II)

“Please do Ky” Aria teased “and I will keep your offer in mind next time I’m in town”
Kylan laughed at the shortened version of his name, smirking. "Good, you better, bud." He glanced up, eyeing the nearest bloom. "I wonder how many things this place shares with earth. I mean, or if earth used to look like this. Those wolves? They sure did look like those extinct dire wolves we had."

“Ah, I see.” Rylie jumped the remaining three meters to the ground, gracefully, with Kyle on his back. “Well, I suppose we should be going then, unless we’re supposed to wait for Kipp?” He imagined Haddie abandoning a breathless Kipp in the sky, or worse.
Nat bent down and offered Colby a hand.
He eyed it suspiciously. "Are you going to judo flip me?"
An imperceptible smirk crawled up Nat's cheek. "Maybe."
"My back still hurts from before," he whined plaintively, but went ahead and placed his palm in hers anyway.
Nat decided to be generous and hauled him up without any funny business. "Who's Kipp again?"
"Moody bird guy. You know, about this tall?" He reached up to boop her barely covered shoulder.
Nat wagged an indiscreet finger at Cam, but at least had the decency to lower her voice. "And there's something between her and him?"
After wrenching her hand down, Colby cocked at eyebrow. "What?"
"Oh, please. Haven't you been watching them at all?"
"...um, no?" Colby said slowly, slightly weirded out by his best friend's stalkerish tendencies for not the first time.
"You're hopeless. Just mark my words."
Colby's red face was completely deadpan at this point. "I don't know what words I'm marking."

Ciro saw her uncertainty and quit the act. "And I never looked where I was going..." Suddenly his burden was too much. He staggered over to the closest tree and pressed his overloaded arms onto the sturdiest branch he could find at his height. The wolf groaned a protest, but still it kept its teeth to his shoulder.
Aella stopped abruptly, her eyes widening a fraction. Flames danced brighter along her shoulders, carefully avoiding the slipping straps of her too-large tank top, as she approached the thicker shadows. She peered into them for a moment, hesitating. They seemed darker. Thicker then before. Light every bit of light at been snapped out, even the stars. No eyes winked back at her, either. But it's not gone.
She turned to Ciro, her brows drawing together, forcing her attention on something other then the shadows. "Are you okay?"

Play dead? Noah thought. I can do that.
Noah grabbed a stick and pretended to stab himself in the chest, putting it through his arm instead. He collapsed on the floor like the wood nymph, with alarmingly little control over the fall. He thrashed on the ground and stuck out his tongue, closing his eyes. That’ll fool the guards for sure.

“Yes! That’s it! And we’re seen a roc already,” Kyle said, remembering the huge bird they had seen flying overhead. “Where did you learn about all those things?”

A troubled look filled her eyes as she stared down at it.
"Thasrie stick?" What would make it a 'thasrie' stick? Color maybe, thickness, or length?

“Stick.” He was attempting rather badly to set her straight again
[/QUOTE]

The ogre had been slowed down by Blake’s powerful moves, but had made a desperate grab for Kit as he continued following them.
The blinded, hulking giant shoved Blair away with a fist bigger than a watermelon. Blair was thrown by the impact, and the ogre took a step towards her. Then slumped to the ground, releasing the dog.
A dozen pin-sized green-feathered arrows poked out of his back.
Dead. Or otherwise incapacitated.

“Good to see you, Haddie.” Kyle said. He trotted gracefully down the branch, and began shimmying down the tree. Rylie loped after him, and soon they were making their way down the tree the way they had gotten up.
“Unfortunately, not everyone wanted to wait for you. But they’re probably getting eaten at this moment.” It was more of a tease than anything. “Where’s Kipp?” He asked, realizing his absence. He hadn’t even worried about Haddie, but Kipp... he could get hurt. Something could happen to him. He didn’t carry the same aura of invincibility.

Noah screamed, he had been peering at her through his lashes for a while. He continued to scream and cower in the corner. “It’s that thing! The one that kidnapped me!” he screeched. As she shifted back, Noah began to calm down from his hysteria, a smile creeping across his face as he did so.
“That’s a great way to escape,” he said. “Pretend to be that monster, and the guards will let you out. And we can escape.”

How do I show her my powers of stupidity? Oh wait, I already have.
[/QUOTE]
Take felt his thoughts race a mile a minute when Blair went back for Kit, and was suddenly thrown by the ogre’s fist. Move, idiot! MOVE! It was almost as if fire raced up his legs as he ran to catch Blair from receiving the full, painful impact. He finally reached her, but got right behind her, and was thrown into a base of a tree with her on top of him. He softened how much damage she would take, while he took it all. The tree felt like a complete wall, forcing him to wince and grit his teeth as he laid up against it.
Shaking hands scrambled for the collar buried in Kit's thick fur, Blair's gaze flickering to the ogre just in time for a fist to land against her ribs, flinging her away like she was only a fly. Her landing, however, was quite soft, only eliciting a single rush of air from her lungs at the initially impact.
She slid down at the landing, scrambling to her feet and whirling. "Thank you," she whispered, kneeling and planting a gentle kiss to his lips, pulling away slowly. He had saved her from immense amounts of pain, for she would not have come away from that unscathed. "I'll be right back."
She stood quickly, bolting back towards the fallen ogre. "Kit?"
Why wasn't there an answer? Not even a whimper?
"Kit?" Her voice trembled this time, dread curling a knot in her stomach. Then, from beside the ogre, Kit limped into view. Blair didn't have time to question how the ogre was fallen, dropping onto her knees when Kit came up to her, the best she could with three legs. She was whining and whimpering, but alive and crawling onto Blair's lap, looking up at her with dark amber eyes.

Play dead? Noah thought. I can do that.
Noah grabbed a stick and pretended to stab himself in the chest, putting it through his arm instead. He collapsed on the floor like the wood nymph, with alarmingly little control over the fall. He thrashed on the ground and stuck out his tongue, closing his eyes. That’ll fool the guards for sure.

Noah screamed, he had been peering at her through his lashes for a while. He continued to scream and cower in the corner. “It’s that thing! The one that kidnapped me!” he screeched. As she shifted back, Noah began to calm down from his hysteria, a smile creeping across his face as he did so.
“That’s a great way to escape,” he said. “Pretend to be that monster, and the guards will let you out. And we can escape.”

Mid-transformation, Chion pointed at Noah whom she hadn't seen until now. She was happy that someone had finally figured out what dead, meant. But she couldn't talk without drawing the guards attention with her altered voice.

Fred gaped at her. “I t-think she wants us to show her our powers” Fred explained shakily. He ran a hand through his hair contemplating how to show her he was unusually smart. How do I show her? If only I could do something special like the others

Torin shivered, taking a step back. "That's the thing that took me."

"Oh." Torin said simply, began to move his hands in rhythmic circle motions. Slowly, water started to be drawn from the air around the into a small, floating ball of liquid-- Before it promptly fell to the ground in a splash.

Chion flinched at the sudden screaming followed by a loud clang on the door, and a shout from the guard. Shh shh no! She waved her long clawed fingers in front of her urgently changing back as quickly as she could. As her human features resurfaced she fell down to her knees panting, changing that fast was hard.

She looked at the terrified Noah, raising a finger to her mouth again. Maybe that didn't mean the same thing to them. Movement in the corner of her eye drew her attention, Torin made water appear from nowhere. She smiled though it didn't touch her exhausted eyes.

"Lita." She pointed at herself, and the puddle on the floor. "Lita."

“And what about your mom was your fault?” she asked softly, making her way inside the dimly lit barn. Now that she had been around people for a bit, it was easier to control her power, and she wasn’t planning on intruding in his thoughts unless she couldn’t help it. Powerful emotions, like these, were harder to block out, but she did her best because of how personal it was. “That’s what you always tell yourself, isn’t it? Sometimes, though, we need to understand that we’re not the ones who did anything.” She shook her head and kicked at a hay bail. “Some people are just trashy, and that’s not either of our faults.”
Kipp didn't know how to answer her first question. Everyone knew it was his fault she left, it wasn't just one thing, she was trying to make things better, and he wasn't.

"I guess. A lot of people are like that." He wasn't sure he could say that of his mom, but it was true of many people he'd met. Kipp lifted the strap off his shoulder and dumped his bag on the ground. "How long have you been on your own?" He asked trying to pull his arm out of the clinging fabric of his wet hoodie.

Mid-transformation, Chion pointed at Noah whom she hadn't seen until now. She was happy that someone had finally figured out what dead, meant. But she couldn't talk without drawing the guards attention with her altered voice.

Chion flinched at the sudden screaming followed by a loud clang on the door, and a shout from the guard. Shh shh no! She waved her long clawed fingers in front of her urgently changing back as quickly as she could. As her human features resurfaced she fell down to her knees panting, changing that fast was hard.

She looked at the terrified Noah, raising a finger to her mouth again. Maybe that didn't mean the same thing to them. Movement in the corner of her eye drew her attention, Torin made water appear from nowhere. She smiled though it didn't touch her exhausted eyes.

"Lita?" Torin copied with a frown, before pointing to the puddle also. "Water." He smiled, glad she was human once again and that they were at least making slow progress in communicating.
He pointed to her, brow furrowing. Maybe she knows she's a shapeshifter. "Chion is shapeshifter?" He then proceeded to point to himself. "Torin is hydrokinetic." Each of his hands pointed at Fred and Noah respectively. "Fred and Noah are humans."

"Lita?" Torin copied with a frown, before pointing to the puddle also. "Water." He smiled, glad she was human once again and that they were at least making slow progress in communicating.
He pointed to her, brow furrowing. Maybe she knows she's a shapeshifter. "Chion is shapeshifter?" He then proceeded to point to himself. "Torin is hydrokinetic." Each of his hands pointed at Fred and Noah respectively. "Fred and Noah are humans."
“You’re a human too!” Noah pouted. “You’re just a lucky one who got powers.” He poked the puddle with his bare pinkish toe. He glanced at the elvish girl. But she’s not human, is she?

“Stick.” He was attempting rather badly to set her straight again

The ogre had been slowed down by Blake’s powerful moves, but had made a desperate grab for Kit as he continued following them.
The blinded, hulking giant shoved Blair away with a fist bigger than a watermelon. Blair was thrown by the impact, and the ogre took a step towards her. Then slumped to the ground, releasing the dog.
A dozen pin-sized green-feathered arrows poked out of his back.
Dead. Or otherwise incapacitated.

“Good to see you, Haddie.” Kyle said. He trotted gracefully down the branch, and began shimmying down the tree. Rylie loped after him, and soon they were making their way down the tree the way they had gotten up.
“Unfortunately, not everyone wanted to wait for you. But they’re probably getting eaten at this moment.” It was more of a tease than anything. “Where’s Kipp?” He asked, realizing his absence. He hadn’t even worried about Haddie, but Kipp... he could get hurt. Something could happen to him. He didn’t carry the same aura of invincibility.

[/QUOTE]

Shaking hands scrambled for the collar buried in Kit's thick fur, Blair's gaze flickering to the ogre just in time for a fist to land against her ribs, flinging her away like she was only a fly. Her landing, however, was quite soft, only eliciting a single rush of air from her lungs at the initially impact.
She slid down at the landing, scrambling to her feet and whirling. "Thank you," she whispered, kneeling and planting a gentle kiss to his lips, pulling away slowly. He had saved her from immense amounts of pain, for she would not have come away from that unscathed. "I'll be right back."
She stood quickly, bolting back towards the fallen ogre. "Kit?"
Why wasn't there an answer? Not even a whimper?
"Kit?" Her voice trembled this time, dread curling a knot in her stomach. Then, from beside the ogre, Kit limped into view. Blair didn't have time to question how the ogre was fallen, dropping onto her knees when Kit came up to her, the best she could with three legs. She was whining and whimpering, but alive and crawling onto Blair's lap, looking up at her with dark amber eyes.
[/QUOTE]
High-pitched cheering came from overhead, and tiny eyes winked in the light of Lilliputian torches. The little people carried little bows of bent twigs and arrows with green feathered tips.

When he pointed at the water he had generated and said a simple single word she was relieved they were finally getting somewhere. But as he continued talking it was more obvious he didn't understand. Obviously he was trying, but he was using too many words for her to understand. She shook her head completely lost, this was terribly frustrating.

She stood and roughly shoved her long hair hanging in her face behind an ear. Trying to think of some other way to explain the word she'd used.

She cupped her hands together making a bowl shape.

"Ii." She said and raised her hand to her mouth tipping her hands up. Then she pointed at the puddle. "Ii."

She then put a hand on her chest. "Chion Lita." She raised her hands up dangling her fingers and crouched, growling. She sighed standing back up normally and pointed at him.

"Turin Lita." She moved her hands around in swirls. "Shhhh" She said wiggling all her fingers up and down. "Ii." So far she hadn't had much luck with acting out words. So she doubted this would work any better.

Back
Top Bottom