The Hidden Door-A Role Play (AKA The Most Dangerous Coffee Shop II)

She backed up a few steps, still breathing heavily like something had hurt her. “I- I forgot how to speak English,” she stammered, flustered. “I stopped reading your mind completely all of a sudden, and it- it took my English with it.” She put her hand on her throat again. “How I talk to you, is... I look at your knowledge of English like a book, and use it in sentences when I speak, and that’s also how I translate it. It’s kind of tedious. I think that’s why I was more tired when I started blocking your thoughts. It was harder to get to that knowledge. And then it left, and I could only use what I had memorized, which isn’t much.” Ashira scratched the back of her neck nervously. “That felt scary. Being alone again.”

"Oh," Kipp relaxed a bit, turning to lay his sweater out flat on the bale of hay. "Well, I'm not gonna just up and leave you." He smirked, "Hnn, besides did you see the way that lady looked at us?" He asked peeking back at her. "Forget the animals we should be scared of her." He said trying to be funny.

"Oh," Kipp relaxed a bit, turning to lay his sweater out flat on the bale of hay. "Well, I'm not gonna just up and leave you." He smirked, "Hnn, besides did you see the way that lady looked at us?" He asked peeking back at her. "Forget the animals we should be scared of her." He said trying to be funny.
Ashira snorted with amusement. “Yeah, maybe she put traps all around the place,” she joked. As she relaxed a bit, she realized how tired she was. “We’ve been up all night,” she said after a bit. “The sun should be up soon. We should probably sleep on the hay.” She began piling some together so they wouldn’t have to sit on straight hay bales.

Ashira snorted with amusement. “Yeah, maybe she put traps all around the place,” she joked. As she relaxed a bit, she realized how tired she was. “We’ve been up all night,” she said after a bit. “The sun should be up soon. We should probably sleep on the hay.” She began piling some together so they wouldn’t have to sit on straight hay bales.
Kipp nodded, and gave his bag a glance, he should try to separate the pages to let them dry, but he wasn't going to.
"I'll, sleep over here I guess?" He said, he wanted to ask if she'd mind if he slept closer to her in case something happened, but that would be weird. He'd never slept in the same room as a girl before, so it would be weird enough as it was.

He picked up the sweater he'd just laid out and moved it to hang from the blade of a scythe that was hanging from the wall. He briefly looked at the other odd tools that were hanging next to it, all old and rusted. He wondered why the homeowner would have let them deteriorate, but maybe she just had no use for them anymore.

Kipp nodded, and gave his bag a glance, he should try to separate the pages to let them dry, but he wasn't going to.
"I'll, sleep over here I guess?" He said, he wanted to ask if she'd mind if he slept closer to her in case something happened, but that would be weird. He'd never slept in the same room as a girl before, so it would be weird enough as it was.

He picked up the sweater he'd just laid out and moved it to hang from the blade of a scythe that was hanging from the wall. He briefly looked at the other odd tools that were hanging next to it, all old and rusted. He wondered why the homeowner would have let them deteriorate, but maybe she just had no use for them anymore.
“She probably made new tools, or maybe she just doesn’t need them anymore,” Ashira commented, grabbing two old blankets from a corner and tossing him one. Once she had shaken it out to make sure there was nothing inside it, she lay on the hay bed and pulled the old blanket over herself. Through the darkness and uncertainty, she closed her eyes. “There’s a second bed over there,” she murmured, half asleep and her eyes still closed, as she pointed a little ways away from her.

“She probably made new tools, or maybe she just doesn’t need them anymore,” Ashira commented, grabbing two old blankets from a corner and tossing him one. Once she had shaken it out to make sure there was nothing inside it, she lay on the hay bed and pulled the old blanket over herself. Through the darkness and uncertainty, she closed her eyes. “There’s a second bed over there,” she murmured, half asleep and her eyes still closed, as she pointed a little ways away from her.
"Thanks." He said quietly, trying to fight back not only the embarrassment of sleeping near her, but also of having her know exactly how he felt about it. Kipp crawled onto the bale of hay next to her balling up the blanket into a makeshift pillow and buried his face in it, drooping his still heavy feathers around him to keep as much of the night chill away from his wet body as he could. "Goodnight." He mumbled, closing his eyes and quickly falling asleep.

Torin giggled at Chion, before patting Fred's arm and leaning towards him. "I trust you, Fred. He kinda just seems like he wants us to go die."

Kylan frowned, unsure of what to do. "Usually, no, but I'm about to do something big, so... Wait! Hold on, I have just the thing." He promptly began digging around in his backpack, before pulling out his earmuffs and putting them on. "See? I can't hear anything in these, I swear they're gun range!" He laughed, before edging forwards as far as he could go safely on the branch.
He reached out his arms-- Sparks starting to fly from his body. Soon, electricity was ripping through him and visible from his veins that had a light golden glow, encircling him in it's warm snare. A rod of lightning flew from his finger tips, racing down to the earth chaotically before striking one of the boar-bears down, killing it almost instantly. "One of eight down, seven more to go!" He shouted, but he doubted she could hear him under the crackles and pops of his powers.
Fred nodded

Ciro's whole face contorted into a consuming frown as he watched Aella struggle. He didn't need light to see that maintaining her elongated blaze had taken a toll on her. How hadn't he noticed how much she was taxing herself earlier? "You need rest too," he declared firmly. With that, he took the rest of the wolf's weight back from the valiant branch and collapsed at the foot of the tree. He maneuvered his stiff arms out from the hot fur and rubbed them vigorously to invite his feeling back. The sudden drop had finally convinced the wolf to remove its fangs from his shoulder, but now he felt the trickles of liberated blood as he invitingly patted the moss next to him. "The paths can wait."
Despite the constant looming threat of the unknown, he couldn't let her go onward with a good conscience. And if something attacked them now, he'd...find a way out of that. She'd done enough for him, a lopsided stranger who couldn't talk right and carried around an oversized wolf he'd tried to kill.
Aella's eyes widened as Ciro promptly collapsed in front of the tree, and she spun, facing the shadows. Shadows and shadows and shadows...everywhere.
"We need to leave." She turned, looking down at him. She pressed her back against the tree, holding the flame a few inches from her chest. No chance's...no chance's. Wait, weren't we just talking about taking chances? Hypocrite.
She dropped down next to him, then, casting wary glances all around her. The little flame in her hands decided that then was the best time to wither and die, plunging them into absolute darkness.
"No, no, no!" The words had come out far more pathetically then she had intended, trying to draw the flame out with shaky attempts. It burst into life, fresh and blazing, and she was able to lean back against the tree, a little calmer, but embarrased. What grown woman was scared of the dark? Am I a grown woman, though? I don't feel like it.
She glanced at Ciro, drawing into a huddle at the base of the tree. "Everything is watching," she whispered after many beats of silence. "Just watching and watching..." A twig snapped behind her, her eyes falling closed. The forest that had once felt comforting now felt malicious and dark. "Everything's wrong and broken and hungry. I think they're waiting. Waiting to catch us off-guard."

Lilith nodded, smiling. "Yeah, I'm sure. I'm good." She listened, obviously interested in what he had to say. "A muscle, huh? That's interesting. I don't get necessarily tired when I use my powers too much, but I do have... Things, happen." She murmured, blinking when he asked about her well being. "Yeah, I'm fine, I think. I just... Had some really bad nightmares, about those creatures and y'all and some memories. That's all. I'm fine."

“Yeah, it’s a bit odd. Oh? What sort of.,, things?” Kevin asked. He nodded slowly, doubting if she was actually okay, but deciding not to push it.

Take’s eyes widened unexpectedly, messing up his face “That thing was an ogre...? He didn’t look nothing like Shrek...” he commented at this revelation. “He didn’t have those.. little antenna thingies..” he brought his hands up to the side of his head and made a pointing gesture to resemble them. My life has been a lie.
Blair laughed, lifting her head off Kit's neck. "No, not like Shrek." She answered. "I mean, I think it was an ogre. Trolls are normally smaller...I think? At least, that's what I've read. And giants are bigger." She shrugged, seeing the group come into sight. "But it definitely wasn't Shrek, that's for sure."

Back
Top Bottom