The Hidden Door-A Role Play (AKA The Most Dangerous Coffee Shop II)

"Alright, let's go!" Kylan said, beginning to jog on, making sure to stay at Aria's side.

Lilith's lip twitched at the girl, annoyed that someone had come to stop them and assumed they'd just obey her at the drop of a hat.
She didn't even care enough to turn around like Kevin, keeping on begrudgingly. "Listen, lady, no offence, but I really don't care. I've taken care of myself for years and these guys are the closest to allies I've got. So we're sticking together and getting away from that huge crowd that's likely to attract the creatures, whether you like it or not." She gave a bitter laugh, already knowing she didn't like the bossy woman. "Go back, if you're not coming with us. I don't know any of your group, and so far I have no reason to trust 'em." She added, eyes darkening. She could sense the woman was on edge, stubborn, and hated the fact that she was near pleading with them-- And it was spreading to herself. Don't try anything, lady, we've got way more fire power than you.
Blair stepped forward, a growl rising in her throat, the werewolf side of her clearly displeased with their words. Come on, we can take 'em all down. You know we can, we've done it before! We can show their sorry as–
"Fine." She snapped, taking a step back. This was harder then the coffee shop. Then, she had been one of the older ones, with only a few others beating her in age. But most of them had listened to her eventually. This group, however, was older. Far more stubborn and unlike any normal day, she didn't have the energy to put up a fight with them.
"I'm sorry I even tried."
She turned and went back towards the group, not willing to put up a fight even if her wolf wanted to.

Kevin watched Blair leave, before turning around and continuing to jog down the path. “Well that was... interesting. If Kyle was the little cat boy, they’re all dead.” He muttered.

The last boar dropped in a heap from Kylan's lightning, and the golden glow of his veins and eyes faded away as the loud crackles and pops did also.
He looked down, seeing a familiar group standing below them. Well, they're alive. "Predicament is one way to put it."

Kylan glanced down at her, frowning. "They attacked us. Aria teleported us up here and I killed them."

Lilith stared at him, until she realized she'd been in a stupor for several seconds before glancing away. She'd expected him to call her out on being a freak, feel a sense a distrust radiate off him.
But instead he comforted her? He felt as though he respected and had sympathy for her, but in her mind, that didn't make sense. She shook her head slowly, eyes clouded with confusion.
"Thanks." She mumbled, unsure if she should say more. She had to admit, she wasn't sure what she thought of him, due to her distrustful nature-- But his ability to overlook her dangerous side made her fonder of him. Or maybe he just wants to use me if we get in another jam.
Rylie eagerly nosed his way into the meat, not caring whether it was cooked or not, however, Kyle stuck up his nose when he dismounted.
Kyle had cultured a distaste for meat, it was too coarse for his tiny teeth, and the fast metabolism of little people caused them to reach for carbs rather than fats or proteins.
And he was certainly not going to make an exception for... whatever that was, still smoking in front of him, not even fully cooked.
Kyle pulled a cluster of raisins out of his pocket and chewed slowly and delicately.
~
Cam was quite torn. On the one hand, the cat obviously deemed the meat safe to eat, and animals were often gauges of food safety. But on the off-hand, some of the teens were ridiculing the people who were eating the pork.
But those people who were ridiculing them had already proven their stupidity. And who really cared what a fool though of them? They didn’t know when they might be fortunate enough to find another meal.
And Cam hated to see animals’ lives go to waste. Her stomach won over, and she tore a hunk of Canadian bacon out of the back of the pig. It was still cold. “Does anyone have like... pyrokinesis or something? Or we could cook it.”
Cam stabbed it with a stick, imagining cooking bacon smoked bacon over the back of a still-burning pig.
Fred looked at Chion, “I need you to help me escape. Please” he begged looking at her with pleading in his eyes. “Torin, Noah, little girl I can’t remember your name, Elf boy. I’m busting the lot of us out of here. Even if we have to travel for days we are getting out of this place. Torin, fetch me a stick. Noah go help Elf boy up” Fred instructed
Noah grabbed Elon by the arm, and he released a sigh, eventually removing a pale green arm from Noah’s grasp. “What do you want from me?”
(Eh, I'm pretty easy going either way, though as I'm sure you've noticed I'm a pretty slow writer.)
Kylan began barreling after her, gritting his teeth. "Oh come on, really, Ari?"

"Yeah, I'm not really a fan of them following, either." Lilith laughed, glancing at Kevin. "They're liable to get us all killed." She added, brushing a strand of hair behind her ear as it fell in her face.
After eating for a few more minutes, Take stopped, feeling like he had eaten enough to calm his hunger. He stood up and wiped his mouth with his forearm, then giving Hana her dagger back. “Thanks” he said with a glance and started walking in the direction that the other group took, but stopped to look back at everyone.
“We should get going too, the newbies are getting ahead of us”

When Hana received her dagger, she wiped it clean with the sleeve of her jacket and tucked it back into her boot.
(Wow these people have obviously never been backpacking with black bears before. Don’t they know that less people makes them less intimidating and therefore more of a target to animals? Don’t they know more light and noise is better because it makes them more intimidating? Don’t they know it’s good to have liabilities because they only need to run faster than the slowest person? I’m seriously attacking them with wild animals and mist first. :D )
He let out a huff. He grabbed a stick and started playing with the lock “Chion, Torin, Fred, Noah free” Fred pointed at the exit when he said free
There was a different guard this time, skinnier and younger, with normal -but still crooked- white teeth and the same green cloak. He poked Fred through the bars with his spear, ripped away his stick, and jeered.

Rylie eagerly nosed his way into the meat, not caring whether it was cooked or not, however, Kyle stuck up his nose when he dismounted.
Kyle had cultured a distaste for meat, it was too coarse for his tiny teeth, and the fast metabolism of little people caused them to reach for carbs rather than fats or proteins.
And he was certainly not going to make an exception for... whatever that was, still smoking in front of him, not even fully cooked.
Kyle pulled a cluster of raisins out of his pocket and chewed slowly and delicately.
~
Cam was quite torn. On the one hand, the cat obviously deemed the meat safe to eat, and animals were often gauges of food safety. But on the off-hand, some of the teens were ridiculing the people who were eating the pork.
But those people who were ridiculing them had already proven their stupidity. And who really cared what a fool though of them? They didn’t know when they might be fortunate enough to find another meal.
And Cam hated to see animals’ lives go to waste. Her stomach won over, and she tore a hunk of Canadian bacon out of the back of the pig. It was still cold. “Does anyone have like... pyrokinesis or something? Or we could cook it.”
Cam stabbed it with a stick, imagining cooking bacon smoked bacon over the back of a still-burning pig.

Noah grabbed Elon by the arm, and he released a sigh, eventually removing a pale green arm from Noah’s grasp. “What do you want from me?”

(Wow these people have obviously never been backpacking with black bears before. Don’t they know that less people makes them less intimidating and therefore more of a target to animals? Don’t they know more light and noise is better because it makes them more intimidating? Don’t they know it’s good to have liabilities because they only need to run faster than the slowest person? I’m seriously attacking them with wild animals and mist first. :D )

There was a different guard this time, skinnier and younger, with normal -but still crooked- white teeth and the same green cloak. He poked Fred through the bars with his spear, ripped away his stick, and jeered.
(Why am I included with the people getting attacked? Kipp didn't do anything. And we're already waiting to fight something.)

Chion looked worriedly at Elon, "I think they want us to fight our way out of here. They're all crazy. Do you have anything better than Torin? He can pull water from the air. I don't think he can fight with it though. I'm a mimic. I could take on the guards form if I can touch him, but that would mean I'd loose the monsters form." He barely looked conscious she doubted he'd be much help if he didn't get sleep. Why was it so important they try to escape right now, in the middle of the night?

(Why am I included with the people getting attacked? Kipp didn't do anything. And we're already waiting to fight something.)

Chion looked worriedly at Elon, "I think they want us to fight our way out of here. They're all crazy. Do you have anything better than Torin? He can pull water from the air. I don't think he can fight with it though. I'm a mimic. I could take on the guards form if I can touch him, but that would mean I'd loose the monsters form." He barely looked conscious she doubted he'd be much help if he didn't get sleep. Why was it so important they try to escape right now, in the middle of the night?
(Oh I quoted you for a different reason. I meant to say that the we-sa are the only dangerous creatures during the day.)
“Uhhhh... I’m just really tired. Can I go to sleep now?” Instead of slumping to the ground, however, Elon had the grace to stare through the girl in front of him with a continued standing stance and zombified expression.
“I still have to go to the bathroom,” Noah announced cheerfully.
(Sorry if I’m not much help right now, I’m really behind.)

~

(Hehe. Haddie is a black bear right now... oh wait... I forgot. She's a rhino. But she was a bear!)

Aella had stayed quiet when he asked his question, her focus on the forest. On the throaty croaks and breathy hisses, guttural snarls and high-pitched chirps. The tne twigs that shattered beneath the weight of whatever was stalking them. Or maybe it was nothing at all. Maybe it was merely the depths of her mind, haunting her with warnings in the form of hallucinations, a foretelling of what was to come, what demise they would meet.
However, she didn't have time to dwell on such realizations, for Ciro's voice drew her from the dangerous waters of fear, pulling her to the surface forcefully. She dared to open her eyes, tilting her head in his direction, the flames giving her just enough light to see him. She looked at him, fear still spiraling inside her chest, searching for just the perfect spot to sink it's hooked claws and drag her back beneath the surface.
"I fell into it." She blurted out, desperate to say something, anything to chase away the suffocating shadows. "I remember falling into the portal. I was...running. Being chased...by the cops. I tried to steal food..." She bit her lips guiltily. "Again." She paused for a few beats before speaking again. "I was running on a roof top. It was snowing really hard, I couldn't even see. But there's something so liberating about just blindly running." She leaned back against the tree, pressing hard onto it even when the harsh bark dug into her back. She still looked at him however, the flames growing brighter. No one had ever spoken to her when she was like this. No one ever helped her when her mind fell into two, unable to distinguish reality from the voices.
Not that she could say the voices were fake. That the noises were fake. They sounded so real, so lucid that they couldn't be fake. But calmness had chased them away. Her gaze fell, the fingers off her free hand dancing over the flames, teasing them and casting shadows. "I don't meet many people. I know plenty, know about them. But they don't know about me. It's lonely. Always has been." She tilted her head back against the tree, looking at Ciro again. A small smile practically forced it's way into view. "But not now...now it's not so lonely..."

Haddie sniffed the air and winced as her eardrums were assaulted by crackling and snapping. She picked up the pace and barrelled into a clearing, only to see Kyle and Rylie do the same. Well that was pointless. She rolled her eyes and sniffed again, trying to pick anything up over the enticing smell of lean pork. She caught a whiff of... fire girl? Probably. And barrelled back out, quickly finding the two missing people. The boy was carrying a wolf. Haddie shifted into a human and began rambling, telling them what was going on. "... so it's safe there, and the people who have the kids probably know something about the portals." She finished, already turning around. "Also, the lightning dude found food. Or what will be food. Luckily I can turn into a fire breathing dragon, so there's that. Here, I'll get that." She said, motioning too the wolf. She wasn't sure why they had it, but she didn't really care. She shifted into a rhino and stood impatiently waiting for them to deposit the beast on her back.
Ciro had just started computing everything Aella had poured out to him when the forest beyond announced an approaching being with alarmingly massive tremors. He shot upward with a yell and protectively angled his body in front of Aella when a charging bear erupted from the undergrowth. He only stood down when the fur melted into skin, revealing their attacker to be none other than the shapeshifting woman he'd been astounded by earlier.
After she'd streamed a flood of information on them, Ciro blinked for a long minute, face still hot from the embarrassment of his hasty defense. Then, before either of them had a chance to respond, she was a rhino...apparently offering herself as a wolf hauler. He shrugged, bent over to gather the grumbling wolf in his arms, and heaved it upward onto the rhino- throwing out his taxed back in the impetuous process.
This wasn't the first time he'd overlifted, so he knew better than to make any more sudden movements. Instead, he started rubbing the spasming muscles the best he could through his shirt. Hopefully he'd be able to remediate the issue before moving became necessary. "Does she want us to...ride her, too?" he asked Aella, trying to keep his voice from halting and betraying the pain he'd put himself in.

~

Screw the newbies... they’re gonna die out there without us
Take came back over to Cam, What the hell is pyrokinesis.. I could probably cook it he bent down and grabbed a large, flat stone, cleaning off any dirt that rested on it. “Here, just put what you’re gonna eat on this thing, and I’ll try cooking it” he told her, sitting down near the hog with the stone in his palms, slowly heating it up with his body.

Blair stepped forward, a growl rising in her throat, the werewolf side of her clearly displeased with their words. Come on, we can take 'em all down. You know we can, we've done it before! We can show their sorry as–
"Fine." She snapped, taking a step back. This was harder then the coffee shop. Then, she had been one of the older ones, with only a few others beating her in age. But most of them had listened to her eventually. This group, however, was older. Far more stubborn and unlike any normal day, she didn't have the energy to put up a fight with them.
"I'm sorry I even tried."
She turned and went back towards the group, not willing to put up a fight even if her wolf wanted to.
Kevin watched Blair leave, before turning around and continuing to jog down the path. “Well that was... interesting. If Kyle was the little cat boy, they’re all dead.” He muttered.
Lilith's fists clenched when she sensed some sort of evil rising in Blair, nearly screaming the words to her that the girl seemed about to attack. If she hurts any of these three, I'll kill her.
She relaxed a little when the bossier woman left and Kevin came up beside her. "She was thinking about attacking us." She muttered, annoyance in her voice. "I'm not exactly even more of a fan of those idiots now." She sighed, glancing over at him. "It is. I spoke to him before we left that platform, he didn't even bat a lash or move to do anything when I told him two children were missing."

Screw the newbies... they’re gonna die out there without us
Take came back over to Cam, What the hell is pyrokinesis.. I could probably cook it he bent down and grabbed a large, flat stone, cleaning off any dirt that rested on it. “Here, just put what you’re gonna eat on this thing, and I’ll try cooking it” he told her, sitting down near the hog with the stone in his palms, slowly heating it up with his body.
“Thank you,” Cam said, putting the meat on the rock.
She watched as it cooked faster than she thought possible, beginning to sizzle.
She noticed a change in Take since she had last met him. Less... unstable, more reliable. She wondered whether it was Blair or his own resolve that had brought about this change.

Back
Top Bottom