The Hidden Door-A Role Play (AKA The Most Dangerous Coffee Shop II)

Lilith glanced at his hand, eyes flickering around to inspect newly lit up shadows. "Thanks, now we can actually see." She laughed softly.

Kylan smiled, patting her shoulder. "Thanks, Ari." She's a really good person. I... Kinda like her.

Kevin shot her a sideways smile. “No problem.” he murmured, looking back at the path.
It was easy to get lost in thought. The only noises were there footsteps and the soft coos of the passing animals. He frowned, his hand subconsciously moving to his necklace, fingering the ring. It was a small habit he had, one he couldn’t make himself stop.

“Anyway, Where do you suppose Lilith and Kevin are taking us?” Aria asked curiously, “also Do you have any food by any chance?”
Kylan's brow furrowed. "I'm not sure. I think they're looking for the kids, or some kind of clue to where we are." He blinked, sliding off her backpack and beginning to dig around in it before reemerging with a full box of energy bars. "Here. There's only twelve, and I'm sure we'll all need some later, so only take one or two." He frowned. "Unless you're really hungry or hypoglycemic. Then take what you need."
Kevin shot her a sideways smile. “No problem.” he murmured, looking back at the path.
It was easy to get lost in thought. The only noises were there footsteps and the soft coos of the passing animals. He frowned, his hand subconsciously moving to his necklace, fingering the ring. It was a small habit he had, one he couldn’t make himself stop.
Lilith smiled, but caught him playing with the ring out of the side of her eye. She nearly asked what the back story behind it was, but thought better against it and kept looking forward as she jogged on. She knew there may have been painful memories buried deep within it, and secretly wondered if it was like her own necklace in the way it was symbolical to him.

Kylan's brow furrowed. "I'm not sure. I think they're looking for the kids, or some kind of clue to where we are." He blinked, sliding off her backpack and beginning to dig around in it before reemerging with a full box of energy bars. "Here. There's only twelve, and I'm sure we'll all need some later, so only take one or two." He frowned. "Unless you're really hungry or hypoglycemic. Then take what you need."

Lilith smiled, but caught him playing with the ring out of the side of her eye. She nearly asked what the back story behind it was, but thought better against it and kept looking forward as she jogged on. She knew there may have been painful memories buried deep within it, and secretly wondered if it was like her own necklace in the way it was symbolical to him.
“I will just take one. Sorry I didn’t have dinner when I disappeared so I was starving.” Aria smiled sheepishly as she took out the nut bar. She took tiny bites “mmm” she chewed “thanks Kylan” she said swallowing the last of the nut bar.

“I will just take one. Sorry I didn’t have dinner when I disappeared so I was starving.” Aria smiled sheepishly as she took out the nut bar. She took tiny bites “mmm” she chewed “thanks Kylan” she said swallowing the last of the nut bar.
Kylan smiled warmly, happy to be helpful as he stuff the rest back in and slung the backpack back on. "You're welcome, and no problem. Happy to be of service, ma'dam." He said playfully, before beginning to catch up with Lilith and Kevin. "C'mon, they're abandoning us again."

Kylan smiled warmly, happy to be helpful as he stuff the rest back in and slung the backpack back on. "You're welcome, and no problem. Happy to be of service, ma'dam." He said playfully, before beginning to catch up with Lilith and Kevin. "C'mon, they're abandoning us again."
“Okay Kind sir” she teases back following him

Despite the retaliation of his abused lower back, Ciro still couldn't get over the fact that there was this magnificent beast kneeling before them. Weren't rhinos from abroad...Asia, maybe? Yes, she also was an American human -or so he assumed-, but still. This wasn't an encounter he'd ever get to relive again.
He sighed at Aella's assertion, then began the trying process of mounting the rhino. He tried his best to keep himself rigid, but, ultimately, he had to grin and bear the pain that came with the abnormal movement required to settle oneself atop a bulky ungulate not originally intended to carry riders. Once seated, he better situated the wolf across his legs to prevent any mishaps and got a flurry of hit-and-miss nips in return for his thoughtfulness.
"Then you're coming too." He punctuated his statement with an outstretched hand toward Aella.
Aella rounded the rhino, watching Ciro's painful attempts to mount it, tensed in case he slipped. Not that she could do much, she could barely haul her own weight, much less another person. She had intended to only follow the shifter, aiding them if needed.
But Ciro extended a hand to her, causing her to look up at him rather abruptly. She hesitated, her head tilted just the slightest bit. Not in curiosity, but in literal confusion. Only a few beats passed, however, before a grin split across her face, a breathy laugh escaping her as she realized what he meant. She killed the flames in her hands, only letting them dance upon her shoulders.
She grabbed his hand, careful as she hauled herself up onto the rhino's back with only a little difficulty. It was uncomfortable, to say the least, a strange feeling to be seated on a creatures back. A creature that had a human mind, no less, but also the strange feeling of its protective armor.
But she couldn't stop grinning for whatever stupid reason, even though the whispers on the wind were far more panicked then she was, warning her not to trust anybody. She laughed, though. Laughed at the hypocriticality of the warnings compared to her own view of things.
For once someone didn't think she was crazy, and she wasn't willing to just up and leave him. Don't you remember the last time we trusted somebody? How horribly it turned out?

Despite the retaliation of his abused lower back, Ciro still couldn't get over the fact that there was this magnificent beast kneeling before them. Weren't rhinos from abroad...Asia, maybe? Yes, she also was an American human -or so he assumed-, but still. This wasn't an encounter he'd ever get to relive again.
He sighed at Aella's assertion, then began the trying process of mounting the rhino. He tried his best to keep himself rigid, but, ultimately, he had to grin and bear the pain that came with the abnormal movement required to settle oneself atop a bulky ungulate not originally intended to carry riders. Once seated, he better situated the wolf across his legs to prevent any mishaps and got a flurry of hit-and-miss nips in return for his thoughtfulness.
"Then you're coming too." He punctuated his statement with an outstretched hand toward Aella.
Aella rounded the rhino, watching Ciro's painful attempts to mount it, tensed in case he slipped. Not that she could do much, she could barely haul her own weight, much less another person. She had intended to only follow the shifter, aiding them if needed.
But Ciro extended a hand to her, causing her to look up at him rather abruptly. She hesitated, her head tilted just the slightest bit. Not in curiosity, but in literal confusion. Only a few beats passed, however, before a grin split across her face, a breathy laugh escaping her as she realized what he meant. She killed the flames in her hands, only letting them dance upon her shoulders.
She grabbed his hand, careful as she hauled herself up onto the rhino's back with only a little difficulty. It was uncomfortable, to say the least, a strange feeling to be seated on a creatures back. A creature that had a human mind, no less, but also the strange feeling of its protective armor.
But she couldn't stop grinning for whatever stupid reason, even though the whispers on the wind were far more panicked then she was, warning her not to trust anybody. She laughed, though. Laughed at the hypocriticality of the warnings compared to her own view of things.
For once someone didn't think she was crazy, and she wasn't willing to just up and leave him. Don't you remember the last time we trusted somebody? How horribly it turned out?
Haddie waited until they were both on her back, then stood and began to walk towards the rest of the group, keeping her horn up in an attempt to keep the lower branches from knocking the two off of her.

Walking through the dark forest, Charlie did what any sensible person would do- he started making clicking noises under his breath.
Maya didn't even bother shooting him a look this time, instead staring around with uneasiness and wonder at their unusual surroundings. Some of the animals looked almost familiar, their traits like hybrids of animals on earth. Some, however, were downright unexplainable. These animals aren't that scared of us. She observed, Maybe this is the first time they've seem human-like creatures.

By the time they got to the clearing of the angry bacon, Charlie's weird noises had ceased. For a couple minutes he was indecisive as he stared at the smoking piles of angry dead boars. I could get food poisoning and die. If I die I won't have to do my math test. But I also would throw up a lot. That's not good. In the end he made up his mind and went on ahead, assuming that the people who were rapidly disappearing into the undergrowth were just going on ahead a little bit rather then trying to ditch everyone else, including him.
Maya didn't even notice when Charlie wandered off. When she finally did realize his absence, she stared around accusingly. That invisible jump-out-of-the-bushes trick isn't going to work again.

Back
Top Bottom