The Hidden Door-A Role Play (AKA The Most Dangerous Coffee Shop II)

(It’s fine)
Suddenly, Ashira stopped, hating herself even more. “I’m sorry too,” she sighed, turning around. “After this, we need to stay together even more. I let my emotions get the better of me.” She ran her hand through her long hair, the waves hanging limply, as if they were exhausted.

A small twinge of relief ran through him when she stopped, but left just as quickly as it had surfaced. She only stopped because she was reading your mind. Kipp broke his eyes away from hers, to stare down at the ground. A claustrophobic feeling building in his chest. He wanted to hide how he was feeling, it was safe to not have anyone know how he really felt. With her he didn't have that option. She just automatically knew. He didn't know how to filter what he was thinking. That was his own space to figure things out, it didn't always keep him from saying something stupid, but for the most part kept him from saying anything he'd regret.

"Ashira, I... I need a minute. Can you give me a minute?" He asked trying to contain the anxiety that was welling up inside.

A small twinge of relief ran through him when she stopped, but left just as quickly as it had surfaced. She only stopped because she was reading your mind. Kipp broke his eyes away from hers, to stare down at the ground. A claustrophobic feeling building in his chest. He wanted to hide how he was feeling, it was safe to not have anyone know how he really felt. With her he didn't have that option. She just automatically knew. He didn't know how to filter what he was thinking. That was his own space to figure things out, it didn't always keep him from saying something stupid, but for the most part kept him from saying anything he'd regret.

"Ashira, I... I need a minute. Can you give me a minute?" He asked trying to contain the anxiety that was welling up inside.
“Yeah, of course. Don’t die,” she added, only half joking. Ashira walked away, enough to give him space, as she could hardly see him, but enough to be there if things went wrong.

Run, run, run. Cam ran blindly through the forest, no longer caring that thorns were stabbing at her feet. After experiencing firsthand the stabby bits of the manticore, she would chance the thorns.
Rylie, regrettably, was behind her. Bravery did little in a situation where a manticore was involved.
~
*manticore chokes and flees Hannah’s blade, then it shoves her away, trying to bite her*

Nat tugged desperately at Colby, just seconds away from picking him up and initiating their exit forcefully. "Let's go."
Colby rooted his feet to the ground and shook his head defiantly. "We didn't do anything last time. Besides, you know what to do to defeat it."
Nat's green eyes flared wide in disbelief and she gestured at the unknown masked warrior. "Dude, she's a professional with her weapon. I, on the other hand, have nothing but a few shards of likely useless insight from games on a screen," she protested, struggling to hear herself over the enraged roaring of the manticore. "Let's go. Now."
Reality finally seemed to slap Colby in the face. He took one last look behind him and took off for the trees on blurring legs.
When they reached a sheltering cove of spiny purple bracken far beyond the battlefield, Colby turned to Nat, not in the least winded when she was doubled over and wheezing. "What was that thing?"
"Manticore. Originally from Persian mythology. Pretty near indestructible. Means 'man-eater.'" Then Nat smiled.
Colby poked her face quizzically. "Uh, what's up with that?"
"It's going to be defeated by a woman. We're all good."

Last edited:
Take leaned up against the nearest tree when they reached the clearing, far from sight of the main group. He threw his head up, squeezing his eyes shut as he inhaled and exhaled through his nose and mouth, keeping it steady. He answered her request with a lazy nod, exposing the unsightly massive bite wound on his forearm. This time, he ignored the needle sensation enough for Blair to observe his bleeding wound.
Blair grimanced at the sight of the wound. It was deep and wide, like the creature had had more then one set of teeth. A cold shudder ran down her spine, but there was nothing she could do for the wound until she had the right stuff to wrap it.
She yanked her sweater up, exposing the shirt beneath it. She grabbed the hem of it and tore it all the way around, pulling her sweater back down when she had enough.
Carefully, she wrapped it around the wound, tying it. "We need to stop the bleeding, that's the most important thing. I can't do anything else until I can get the right stuff..."

Aella had just been searching for the healer, slinking unnoticed through the crowd, when something erupted from the forest. Her fight or flight instincts slammed into her, and she threw herself upward into the nearest tree, swinging her legs up and hooking them around a branch, watching the crowd upside down.
The creature was massive. It made the pickup trucks in New York look minuscule compared to it. Bony wings sprouted from its furred back, flapping furiously to toss its weight around as it attacked the members of the crowd. Claws sprouted from its lion-like paws, but it didn't seem to use them that much, instead flinging spines from it's tail and tearing flesh easily with its multiple sets of teeth.
Teeth which resided in a very, very human-like mouth.
She dropped from the tree, then, flipping midair and landing painfully on the ground. The creature was merciless when it attacked the masked girl, sending a spiraling wave of trepidation through Aella, running in fiery sparks from her finger tips and up her arms and blossoming outwards from there.
She ran, tearing her way through the crowd, abandoning her search for the healer. This thing wasn't the cops. It wasn't authority that she could run from and hide from. No, it was bigger and stronger and far more malicious. She knew what she had told Ciro was right, that what was lurking in the wood was far more dangerous then anyone could imagine fathomable.
Somehow, in her blind running, she had found herself standing in front of the masked woman and the manticore, her chest heaving. She found herself frozen, knees locked and not willing to move, even as fear hooked it's lethal claws inside her chest, pulling her under the surface she had been trying so hard to stay afloat in. Drowning her wholly.
The creatures eyes were blue. Not a sweet sky blue or a dark, swirling blue like the depths of a serene pool. No, it was like ice. Not a shattered haze of gorgeous gray no, it was like the blue-white underside of ice. Seen only when you were underneath in the coldest, deepest waters with no escape imaginable. Like staring into the eyes of Death himself.
Aella shuddered, a whole body shudder that swallowed her, and she felt freezing cold despite the air, summer air, was warm and thick and the fact that fire was running in her veins, sprouting through her skin and flickering across her hands. She swallowed thickly, trying to get her legs to move, or her fingers to even just flick the slightest bit to command the fire to roar into life and open its gaping maw to cover the creature. She knew she had to, had to run and find Ciro but fear had sunk it's venom into her and it had paralyzed her.
She couldn't do anything but stand and watch the masked woman fight the malignant creature.

“Get Kylan and-ahhhh” she screamed as a barb type thing landed in her hand, “ahhhh” she was shrieking

Kevin looked concerned as she started screaming, noticing the spike in her hand. Without hesitation he pulled it out, tossing it aside. Normally he wouldn’t, but he thought of the barb like a bee sting. The longer the stinger is in, the more venom you get.
He grabbed Lilith and Aria. “Kylan, grab Tru and Lilith, quickly!” Keven said.

Carson had climbed a tree with Buck and was watching the chaos below him. He was waiting for the manticore to get below him so he and the cougar could jump on its back and attempt to either kill it or chase it away. He was itching to be down on the ground to help, but he didn't think he would be that much use. Besides, if the beast would just come to the left a bit further, then he could begin his plan.

Run, run, run. Cam ran blindly through the forest, no longer caring that thorns were stabbing at her feet. After experiencing firsthand the stabby bits of the manticore, she would chance the thorns.
Rylie, regrettably, was behind her. Bravery did little in a situation where a manticore was involved.
~
*manticore chokes and flees Hannah’s blade, then it shoves her away, trying to bite her*
Hana dodged everyway she could to avoid the manticores bite that held many rows of sharp, ragged fangs that got the three-eyed guy earlier. She kept her katana up in front of her, realizing she was grasping it too tightly and relaxed it. The tighter your hold is the less control you have of the katanas movement. She adjusted her grip near the top of the handle for maximum leverage and complete control, showing a strong foundation in her stance as she glared through her mask, not a single hint of fear of the massive beast. She was knowledgeable of this mythological creature, and knew it had an appetite for human flesh. Could she possibly kill it? Was it even possible? All she knew was that she had to disable it somehow and flee. Hana completely ignored the fire woman, for she was not her priority, but only a potential distraction. She rushed in front of the manticore, and leaped up the air as far as could and swung her katana swiftly into its eyes, slashing the manticore straight across its face, blinding it.

Back
Top Bottom