The Hidden Door-A Role Play (AKA The Most Dangerous Coffee Shop II)

Hana dodged everyway she could to avoid the manticores bite that held many rows of sharp, ragged fangs that got the three-eyed guy earlier. She kept her katana up in front of her, realizing she was grasping it too tightly and relaxed it. The tighter your hold is the less control you have of the katanas movement. She adjusted her grip near the top of the handle for maximum leverage and complete control, showing a strong foundation in her stance as she glared through her mask, not a single hint of fear of the massive beast. She was knowledgeable of this mythological creature, and knew it had an appetite for human flesh. Could she possibly kill it? Was it even possible? All she knew was that she had to disable it somehow and flee. Hana completely ignored the fire woman, for she was not her priority, but only a potential distraction. She rushed in front of the manticore, and leaped up the air as far as could and swung her katana swiftly into its eyes, slashing the manticore straight across its face, blinding it.
When Hana had blinded it, the manticore had stepped back, straight underneath the tree where Carson and Buck were lying in wait. "Now!" Carson hissed to Buck and drew his dagger. He dropped silently onto the beast, not wanting to ruin their advantage of surprise, and began stabbing it mercilessly while feeling thankful that someone had already taken care of the manticore's most dangerous weapon, it's tail. Buck was clawing and biting whatever he could, digging his claws in deep and biting down until he felt his teeth might shatter.

Last edited:
When Hana had blinded it, the manticore had stepped back, straight underneath the tree where Carson and Buck were lying in wait. "Now!" Carson hissed to Buck, and drew his dagger. He dropped silently onto the beast, not wanting to ruin their advantage of surprise, and began stabbing it mercilessly while keeping one eye on its dangerous barbed tail. Buck was clawing and biting whatever he could while also watching its tail, prepared to growl a warning if he saw it move toward them.
(Hana cut off most of its tail)

Hana dodged everyway she could to avoid the manticores bite that held many rows of sharp, ragged fangs that got the three-eyed guy earlier. She kept her katana up in front of her, realizing she was grasping it too tightly and relaxed it. The tighter your hold is the less control you have of the katanas movement. She adjusted her grip near the top of the handle for maximum leverage and complete control, showing a strong foundation in her stance as she glared through her mask, not a single hint of fear of the massive beast. She was knowledgeable of this mythological creature, and knew it had an appetite for human flesh. Could she possibly kill it? Was it even possible? All she knew was that she had to disable it somehow and flee. Hana completely ignored the fire woman, for she was not her priority, but only a potential distraction. She rushed in front of the manticore, and leaped up the air as far as could and swung her katana swiftly into its eyes, slashing the manticore straight across its face, blinding it.
When Hana had blinded it, the manticore had stepped back, straight underneath the tree where Carson and Buck were lying in wait. "Now!" Carson hissed to Buck and drew his dagger. He dropped silently onto the beast, not wanting to ruin their advantage of surprise, and began stabbing it mercilessly while feeling thankful that someone had already taken care of the manticore's most dangerous weapon, it's tail. Buck was clawing and biting whatever he could, digging his claws in deep and biting down until he felt his teeth might shatter.
The manticore clawed blindly, throwing off its assailants and pinning Buck.

Cam didn’t remember stopping in her desperate run. She didn’t remember tripping crumpling to the ground, unable to run anymore. She didn’t run far, but she ran blindly, and she was injured so when she tripped and fell she simply collapsed. I’m gonna die. It’s gonna eat me. Or something else is. Let it be quick.
Cam squeezed her eyes shut and waited for a heartbeat, ready for jaws to rip into her.
And another heartbeat. And another.
No sound.
It’s really not here, is it?
Cam slowly rolled over from her crumpled face-plant position onto her back and stared up. Stars.
So beautiful and unfamiliar. She hadn’t seen them during her whole journey through the forest.
Was it all a dream? Cam wondered.
No. First of all, she was outside. Second of all one arm didn’t work and the other really hurt. Third, she didn’t recognize the constellations swirling overhead.
Also, it was so dark, such an unadulterated view of the stars.

The manticore clawed blindly, throwing off its assailants and pinning Buck.
Carson felt rage build inside of him and the sight of the manticore pinning Buck. With a furious cry, he flung himself back at it and began stabbing its legs that were holding his pet down in attempts to get it to let go or loosen its grip enough that he could wriggle out. Buck roared at it and tried to free himself, but found that its grip was too strong to simply crawl away from. He desperately began clawing its legs in an effort to free himself

“Yeah, of course. Don’t die,” she added, only half joking. Ashira walked away, enough to give him space, as she could hardly see him, but enough to be there if things went wrong.

Kipps mouth opened to call her back, but he didn't actually say anything, he just watched her leave. That wasn't what he'd meant. He just wanted her to stop listening to his thoughts long enough for him to sort through what was going on. If she hadn't figured that out maybe he was over reacting and she wasn't aware of every single thought that passed though his mind. Or maybe she was, and thought he'd feel better if she wasn't there to react.

Kipp wrapped his arms around each other. A small shiver that had started at his core, spread until his whole body shook with it. What does it matter if she listens? As long as she doesn't say anything. Kipp crouched down letting a huff of air out as his chest fell against his knees. It wasn't Ashira they were after. It was me. He squeezed his eyes shut, picturing the we-sa in his head. Why? Why would they want me? Is it possible, I could be that? He asked himself, he didn't want to believe it was possible, but there were so many similarities. If one of those and a human were mixed together, would that make me? Am I one of those monsters? Is Ashira even safe with me? Is anyone? Are the we-sa going to just keep coming? It's not like I can talk to them. Kipp shook his head gently, Maybe I'm just over reacting. Maybe they can't even talk. They're probably just the same as the other weird creatures here, and have nothing to do with me. They're only hunting us because there's not a big group. Kipp sighed and looked back up at the sky. They were practically alone now, and neither of them were being attacked. No we-sa in sight. He was overreacting, reading too much into an animals hunting tactics. If they really wanted him, now would be the perfect time.

Kipp stood, taking in his surroundings, there were no we-sa that he could see. I'm just over reacting. He told himself firmly. I'm not a monster. Kipp turned and slowly made his way back to Ashira's side, a scowl still on his face. He didn't know what to say to her to explain why he asked her to leave. Would she be upset if she thought he was part we-sa? His eyes went up to meet hers, guardedly watching for her reaction to him.

"We should keep going." He said quietly.

Carson felt rage build inside of him and the sight of the manticore pinning Buck. With a furious cry, he flung himself back at it and began stabbing its legs that were holding his pet down in attempts to get it to let go or loosen its grip enough that he could wriggle out. Buck roared at it and tried to free himself, but found that its grip was too strong to simply crawl away from. He desperately began clawing its legs in an effort to free himself
The manicore roared in pain and chomped Carson’s arm.

Back
Top Bottom