The Hidden Door-A Role Play (AKA The Most Dangerous Coffee Shop II)

Kipp thought the plan was to try to find their way back to the village. He hadn't given it much thought beyond that. A plan, we need a plan. He briefly met her eyes, wondering why she wanted to help him. So far he'd been nothing but trouble for her. Does she have no where else to go? He flinched at his own thought looking away, knowing she would have heard it too. What do I want to do? Go home. Why am I here? Portals. Kyle. We need to find the missing kids, and then find a way back home. If Haddie didn't make it back to everyone else, they'll keep looking for the kids. The We-sa take anyone who's left alone, so they probably have the kids. Or something ate them. Are the We-sa trying to help people not get eaten? He wanted to know more about them, but Ashira didn't think anyone else would know more than she'd already told him.

"I think, we should try to find the missing kids. That's where everyone else will try to go too." He half smiled, half grimaced. "The fastest way to get to where they most likely are is to let ourselves be caught by the we-sa." He bit his lip and shrugged. He didn't like that idea at all. Just because he thought they might have them didn't mean he was right. For all he knew they could be catching people and drugging them to take them back to their leader to be eaten or something, like the dragons did in the first How to Train your Dragon movie. "Or, we could try to go back to the village and get help?"
“Get caught by them?” Her eyes widened. “Kipp, you’re killing me, here!” Her eyes shone with the faintest trace of mischief at these words. “But anyway, that idea could work. If it doesn’t, we could lose everything, including our lives. It’s a big risk to take...”

Last edited:
Take shrugged her off, Even if it is dead, I’m still gonna mess it up... He caught her smirk, and shot back a glare, stopping in his tracks, snatching her arm. He yanked her over to him, “You’re not Blair, not even close, I’d choose her over you any day.” he seethed, “And I know she’d say the same for me over that demon brat. You and him are exactly the same.”
"Would you?" The wolf leaned in close, unbothered by being dragged. She thrust her face in his, stretching up on the balls of her feet. "Would you choose her when you knew the truth?" She adverted his other comments, her only goal to get rid of him for once and for all. To break him down.
"She's only using you, love. She's only using you because she's too broken over her last relationship and she needs a rebound. She doesn't care about you." She snarled the words, but suddenly her face calmed, and she brought a hand up to his, claws digging in ever so slightly. "I live in her head, love. I know everything."

Haddie panted, glaring at all of the people she had tried to herd away from the manticore and had completely ignored her. Next time I'll herd them as a tiger. Maybe then they'll move their sorry ***es. She growled and shifted back into a human. "We need to get out of here, NOW." She said, raising her voic, irritated. "There are probably more. Next time, we run, yah?"
Ciro noticed the responsive turning of her head, which uncaged and freed a small wing of his concern. But that was no relief from the massive flock of them that remained to flutter throughout him.
He winced his indecision. If they went to find Chicken Man, she'd be virtually unguarded. If they stayed here, her unknown afflictions could worsen.
But he didn't see any obvious bleeding or breaks. He was just going to have to hold onto the hope that she was simply drained, just like he'd been after fighting the wolf. "We'll be waiting for you, guerrera," he finally decided, wishing he could make his voice more reassuring with a certainty he didn't have. "None of us are healers, pero si hay algo we can do..." He got up from his kneeling to face Aella with a sad little twisting frown that barely drew his eyebrows together. "Looks like we're staying here for un tiempo."
But at the shifter's aggressive insistence, he pivoted to regard her instead. "I'm very sorry, uh..." he started apologizing, then rubbed the back of his neck. "Well, I never got your name."
Aella quickly slid herself out from beneath the wolf, letting his head rest on the forest floor gently. "I'll be back," she whispered, getting to her feet. She spun, and strode towards the red-headed shifter until she stopped directly in front of her. "I'm grateful for your help, shifter, but we do not need you telling us what and what not to do. We're capable of taking care of ourselves, thanks very much."
She pulled away from her, approaching the exhausted warrior instead. As she knelt by the masked woman, she realized she could not see her eyes. A wave of distrust flickered through her, but she bit her cheek, swallowing it back. How could you even begin to trust someone who hid there eyes?
"Thank you for killing that creature," she beckoned to the fallen manticore, light flickering across from the flames in her hands. "You saved us." She gave a small smile, debating her next words carefully. The woman didn't seem like a person who would willingly accept help, and she feared she would aggravate her rather then help. "Are you hurt, or are you just exhausted?"

“Get caught by them?” Her eyes widened. “Kipp, you’re killing me, here!” Her eyes shine with the faintest trace of mischief at these words. “But anyway, that idea could work. If it doesn’t, we could lose everything, including our lives. It’s a big risk to take...”

Kipp tried to smile, but she was right. He could very well be killing her if they did something like that. It was a big risk, they had no idea what the we-sa wanted or why they were taking people. But if Haddie wasn't coming back, he didn't know what else to do. Wandering through the forest looking for his friends was just going to get them more lost or dead.

"You don't have to come with me." He suggested, his stomach knotting at the thought of having to face the we-sa alone. "Let's try to find our way back to the villlage first. You'll be safe there." I'll be fine. I can do it alone. He told himself forcing the fear and doubt back. It's not her problem, don't go dragging her in and getting her killed.

Ciro noticed the responsive turning of her head, which uncaged and freed a small wing of his concern. But that was no relief from the massive flock of them that remained to flutter throughout him.
He winced his indecision. If they went to find Chicken Man, she'd be virtually unguarded. If they stayed here, her unknown afflictions could worsen.
But he didn't see any obvious bleeding or breaks. He was just going to have to hold onto the hope that she was simply drained, just like he'd been after fighting the wolf. "We'll be waiting for you, guerrera," he finally decided, wishing he could make his voice more reassuring with a certainty he didn't have. "None of us are healers, pero si hay algo we can do..." He got up from his kneeling to face Aella with a sad little twisting frown that barely drew his eyebrows together. "Looks like we're staying here for un tiempo."
But at the shifter's aggressive insistence, he pivoted to regard her instead. "I'm very sorry, uh..." he started apologizing, then rubbed the back of his neck. "Well, I never got your name."
"Haddie." She said brusquely. "Look, nice to meet you and all, but we have to get out of here. There are more of those things out there, and we barely got that one."
Aella quickly slid herself out from beneath the wolf, letting his head rest on the forest floor gently. "I'll be back," she whispered, getting to her feet. She spun, and strode towards the red-headed shifter until she stopped directly in front of her. "I'm grateful for your help, shifter, but we do not need you telling us what and what not to do. We're capable of taking care of ourselves, thanks very much."
She pulled away from her, approaching the exhausted warrior instead. As she knelt by the masked woman, she realized she could not see her eyes. A wave of distrust flickered through her, but she bit her cheek, swallowing it back. How could you even begin to trust someone who hid there eyes?
"Thank you for killing that creature," she beckoned to the fallen manticore, light flickering across from the flames in her hands. "You saved us." She gave a small smile, debating her next words carefully. The woman didn't seem like a person who would willingly accept help, and she feared she would aggravate her rather then help. "Are you hurt, or are you just exhausted?"
Haddie growled low in her throat, looking down with her lip curled over her teeth. "You can do what you want. I don't care. But I know animals, and that one knew it had backup. For some reason it didn't get it, but there are more of them out there, and i for one am getting out of here. Feel free to ignore the information about animals from the mostly animal zoologist!" She shouted the last bit and began storming to the edge of the clearing where she had seen Cam run, shifting into a squirrel and taking to the trees.

Kipp tried to smile, but she was right. He could very well be killing her if they did something like that. It was a big risk, they had no idea what the we-sa wanted or why they were taking people. But if Haddie wasn't coming back, he didn't know what else to do. Wandering through the forest looking for his friends was just going to get them more lost or dead.

"You don't have to come with me." He suggested, his stomach knotting at the thought of having to face the we-sa alone. "Let's try to find our way back to the villlage first. You'll be safe there." I'll be fine. I can do it alone. He told himself forcing the fear and doubt back. It's not her problem, don't go dragging her in and getting her killed.
She raised one eyebrow. “I will come with you. It’s my fight, too. The we-sa have been hurting innocent children, and if there’s something I can do to stop that, I will. That’s worth fighting for. Besides, I want to make sure Haddie is safe.”

Hana attempted to sit up, but her body just felt like a pile of bricks fell onto her. She gritted her teeth and persevered through it, placing her palms on the ground again to assist her in sitting up. Her movements were visibly sluggish, but she accomplished in positioning herself off the ground, though she sat there like a limp noodle. “E-Exhausted..” she answered the fire girl drowsily.

“I know I will be fine. Just a little....um.....grossed out by well....this” she motioned at her arm grinning
Kylan gave a weak laugh, inspecting the wound once more. "It is kinda gross, aye? I know this sounds painful, but since Kevin was able to get the tourniquet on, it should just bleed out." He blinked. "Which would be a good thing."

"Would you?" The wolf leaned in close, unbothered by being dragged. She thrust her face in his, stretching up on the balls of her feet. "Would you choose her when you knew the truth?" She adverted his other comments, her only goal to get rid of him for once and for all. To break him down.
"She's only using you, love. She's only using you because she's too broken over her last relationship and she needs a rebound. She doesn't care about you." She snarled the words, but suddenly her face calmed, and she brought a hand up to his, claws digging in ever so slightly. "I live in her head, love. I know everything."
Take simply laughed in her face mockingly, unphased by her words. “All that Blair does is care and worry about me because of the stupid crap I do. If she didn’t care about me, she wouldn’t have torn up her sweater and wrapped me up, she wouldn’t have chased after me just now until you showed up!” he yelled, finding humor in how stupid she sounded. He let go of her arm and slapped her hand away, and started to run again, “I kNoW eVerYtHinG...” he scoffed under his breath. I’ve heard that before..

Back
Top Bottom