The Hidden Door-A Role Play (AKA The Most Dangerous Coffee Shop II)

Ashira smiled weakly. “We’re really doing this, huh?” She could still hardly believe it. She took a deep breath for what felt like the millionth time. “If it’s our best chance, I’ll take it.” She hesitated, and added, “What happens if it only takes one of us?”

Kipp looked up from the ground, his mouth pressing into a fine line. How did I not think of that? His mind was drawing a blank. If they only take one of us? He slowed his pace, and then stopped completely. If they take her, I could follow if my wings are ok. They probably wouldn't like that though and would attack me. If they take me, she'll probably be safe? Would she be mad that I think she should go back to the village and forget about me? We could tie our selves together, with my.... Cam, is she ok? Kipp shook his head trying to keep himself on track. If I hadn't dropped my bag we could have used the strap from it to tie ourselves together. But I'm stupid so I did that.

"We could.... hold hands? I don't know. If they do understand, we could try talking to them. But that doesn't mean they'll listen." He answered, the anxiousness from uncertainty clear in his voice.

Nat barely suppressed her scream when some kind of creature shot past her. "What the everloving..." she muttered, getting to her feet and backing away from the water. If this was an attack, it was going to be the weirdest yet. And, wait, where was Colby?
She turned to get some second opinions from the rest of the group and instead fell to her knees, shuddering as her body underwent something. It was like the air was compressing around her and forcing her to undergo change to fit into the space it was leaving her with. Everything was slipping away...things that she knew -or, at least a part of her knew- she should be holding onto, but couldn't.

Suddenly, she wasn't okay.
The water was taking her.
She was leaving.
But the all-consuming whiteness wasn't there anymore. She was seeing actual colors in their correct rations.
She was feeling again. When she inhaled, her chest burned like it was flooded with lava.
In response, she heaved and heaved and heaved, her red pigtails flailing into view every time she wrenched forward. Water spattered on the ground. The dizziness sought to drop her, but somehow she remained upright.
Eventually, the urges to retch faded and she took an experimental breath. It hurt, like she was inhaling Mad Dog 357 Plutonium No. 9 Hot Sauce rather than oxygen, but she could breathe.
Breathe. She was breathing. She was here.
After the yellow, the black, the white, she was here.
Not buried in the waves, not farther away from her family than she'd ever thought possible.
She looked down and saw how her shriveled hands were impossibly pallid, her fingertips blue. The same for her toes.
Then the wild tears came.
She was here-
seeing,
feeling,
moving,
breathing,
crying
She just stood there in her pink bikini, shivering and sobbing uncontrollably.

Last edited:
Kipp looked up from the ground, his mouth pressing into a fine line. How did I not think of that? His mind was drawing a blank. If they only take one of us? He slowed his pace, and then stopped completely. If they take her, I could follow if my wings are ok. They probably wouldn't like that though and would attack me. If they take me, she'll probably be safe? Would she be mad that I think she should go back to the village and forget about me? We could tie our selves together, with my.... Cam, is she ok? Kipp shook his head trying to keep himself on track. If I hadn't dropped my bag we could have used the strap from it to tie ourselves together. But I'm stupid so I did that.

"We could.... hold hands? I don't know. If they do understand, we could try talking to them. But that doesn't mean they'll listen." He answered, the anxiousness from uncertainty clear in his voice.
“At this point, I feel like we should just go for it. If we get separated, we’ll find each other again. If they’re going to take one of us, we can fight them like we did last time. There is no way we can make this completely safe.”

(Yeah, sorry. I forgot what date Amer set it in.)
Lilith sighed, shaking her head. "I don't understand this..." She whispered, clicking through the multiple pictures she'd taken. Most were of the huge statue at the center of the lake, but several were close ups of older-Kylan, Kevin, and the other girl. "Bro, that's four years, not one. Or... Maybe it is." I probably have a concussion and am going completely insane. Yep. That's definitely it.
Soft barking drew her attention away from the camera, only for her to notice a young, pure black border collie trotting up to her. She paused, outstretching her arm for to the dog to sniff-- Which it did, then began licking her hand happily. "Um... Hey, buddy." She reached over, grabbing his name tag. "Tru. Like Truett?" She mused, before reading over the phone number.
She shook her head slowly, confusion spreading over her face. She glanced over at Kevin, pointing at the dog. "...He's got my number on his collar... Except, I don't have a dog..."

Kylan whirled around, jogging up to them slowly.
He eyed the boy, he was covered in cuts and bruises-- One of which sealed one of his three eyes shut. He shook his head, sighing. What even is going on? "Wait, there's a girl who's hurt? Where?" Is it Lilith? I thought I heard her...
Aria decided to play a little joke on Kylan. She teleported to the other side of the lake landing next to Lilith. “Ooh more people” she said her eyes as round as saucers
Kylan nearly cursed, but quickly caught himself with a reminder his mother would kill him. "'Ey!" He sped towards them, gritting his teeth. Do not lose the child, Kylan! Do not lose the child!

Lilith jerked back away from her, hugging her arms to her chest. The sudden appearance of another kid had nearly scared her so badly she nearly lost her fragile calm-- But she managed to barely hold it together, however it was evident she was in great distress with her arms clutching herself protectively and her breaths coming in heavy huffs. Calm down, calm down, you're safe. They're not gonna hurt you. She soothed herself, glancing at the black dog as he curled up beside her. He seemed recognizable, and she'd seen him in the photos at Kevin's feet, but other than that she couldn't place it-- Even if her own phone number was stamped onto Tru's collar.
She shook her head, hiding her face in her knees as the tears threatened to spill over once again. I've really screwed everything up this time, haven't I?
Lilith inspected silently her, then looked at Kevin. "She's the girl from my pictures!" She rasped, blood dribbling down her face.
She looked back at Aria, her brows furrowing as she hugged herself tighter. "Kylan's here, too?" So that really was him in the pictures?

Kevin glanced down at the dog. “Hey buddy,” he said, reaching his hand out for the dog to sniff. “It’s 2019, I know it is. I just got home after propo- if it was 2016, I would be 18. I’m not 18.” He said, trying to make sense of what was going on.
He turned his attention to the little girl that just appeared, frowning. The last thing they needed was more confused children without their parents. Kevin glanced at Lilith. “Are you sure it’s her?” He asked, looking between the picture and Aria.

Kyle struggled, but the brown fist enveloped his waist, making it hard to breath, and making mobility impossible.
Four-year-old Cam was just too strong.
Rylie the kitten tried to escape her lap, and the girl set down Kyle to place a steadying hand on the fluffy brown kitty.
Kyle immediately took the opportunity and abandoned his lifelong companion in the effort of escape. Not that much bonding had happened between the two of them yet, Kyle had just adopted the kitten. Right?
Still, he felt a break in a connection as he left the kitten behind.
What happened?
Kyle’s last memory was inviting the kitten into his humble self-storage and falling asleep in his bed when...
He ended up in a child’s fist.
In fact, what was this place?
Too his right was a crying redheaded kid with a bikini, and off the way was a bloodied girl with a silver arm, and a strange girl with yellow eyes, also bloody, and a discolored boy with messed up features, and there appeared to be only one adult in the whole place... other than himself of course.
And it was night.
In the middle of a forest.
With a perfectly clear pool.
And a statue.
And a naked rat thing.
And no moon.
That meant that...
Children were having a pool party with no adult supervision in the middle of a forest and with no adult supervision. And also bringing baby zombies from the dead.
Kyle rubbed his eyes.
This was a dream. There was no way this was happening.
“Will someone tell me what’s going on?” He demanded. But zombies don’t talk.
And his voice was too faint, lost to his surroundings.

Aria looked at her concerned. Lilith looked extremely sad
She wriggled down next to Lilith. “Hey wiwith what’s wrong?” She asked “you don’t have to tell me but if you need someone to talk to I’m here”
Lilith looked over at the girl slowly, her eyes empty. She opened her mouth to reply-- But instead snapped it shut again. Explaining to a child that she was a murderer didn't seem like the best idea, instead, she tentatively wrapped her flesh arm around the girl-- Relieved she hadn't sat beside her mechanical one, she didn't want the child to touch the cursed thing.
Kevin glanced down at the dog. “Hey buddy,” he said, reaching his hand out for the dog to sniff. “It’s 2019, I know it is. I just got home after propo- if it was 2016, I would be 18. I’m not 18.” He said, trying to make sense of what was going on.
He turned his attention to the little girl that just appeared, frowning. The last thing they needed was more confused children without their parents. Kevin glanced at Lilith. “Are you sure it’s her?” He asked, looking between the picture and Aria.
Proposing. He was gonna say proposing. Is that why he feels so... Hurt? Lilith looked over at him once more, watching as the dog she had been resting against crept towards him a little and began wagging it's tail happily as it licked the man's hand, almost as though it knew him. The dumb dog probably remembers things more than I do. "But if it was May 2019 I'd be turning eighteen. I'm not." She murmured softly, eyes flickering down to the camera again.
She glanced down at Aria nestled beside her, nodding. "It's definitely her. I know it. But..." She sighed, looking over at Kevin, before reaching up and trying desperately to wipe away the blood dripping into her eyes. "...I don't get why she's so small. Maybe I'm wrong. I probably am."

Last edited:
Take was confuzzled at what had just happened between Aria and Kylan. We’re they going to help? He had to move on and find a adult, or someone who looked like they had a phone. He was growing more and more anxious as each second past, I can’t let a little girl die! His new found courage made him follow after Aria to appeared next to an older kid and adult. He ran as fast as his little toothpick legs could carry him. I thought I could run faster than this... what.. I’ve always run this slow...! Distracted by his thoughts, he fell right in front of Kevin, tripping over himself and landing face flat on the ground. He remained still, before his hand crept up to Kevin’s shoe shakily, “Phone, I need a phone.. girl is dying..” he croaked.

Take was confuzzled at what had just happened between Aria and Kylan. We’re they going to help? He had to move on and find a adult, or someone who looked like they had a phone. He was growing more and more anxious as each second past, I can’t let a little girl die! His new found courage made him follow after Aria to appeared next to an older kid and adult. He ran as fast as his little toothpick legs could carry him. I thought I could run faster than this... what.. I’ve always run this slow...! Distracted by his thoughts, he fell right in front of Kevin, tripping over himself and landing face flat on the ground. He remained still, before his hand crept up to Kevin’s shoe shakily, “Phone, I need a phone.. girl is dying..” he croaked.
Lilith shot straight up onto her feet, rising up to 5'10-- Noting dully that she had assumed herself to be taller. She looked down at the boy, eyeing his wounded state for a moment.
Truthfully, he looked a lot like her current battered state. "Where is she?" She barked, her voice now completely emotionless. Maybe... Maybe I can do something right... If that's true, and there is a girl. "I have medical supplies." She murmured, stuffing her camera into the backpack and slinging it over her shoulder-- Hardly caring about the fact that she wasn't even sure if it was her backpack.
She stood mostly on one leg, the other raised slightly off the ground and literally dripping in blood. Getting up so fast also hadn't been a good idea, for a wave of nausea and dizziness washed over her and pain sprang up from the massive gashes in her left leg and shoulder, fresh blood seeping through her clothes. "Can you take us to her?" She rasped quietly.

Lilith looked over at the girl slowly, her eyes empty. She opened her mouth to reply-- But instead snapped it shut again. Explaining to a child that she was a murderer didn't seem like the best idea, instead, she tentatively wrapped her flesh arm around the girl-- Relieved she hadn't sat beside her mechanical one, she didn't want the child to touch the cursed thing.

Proposing. He was gonna say proposing. Is that why he feels so... Hurt? Lilith looked over at him once more, watching as the dog she had been resting against crept towards him a little and began wagging it's tail happily as it licked the man's hand, almost as though it knew him. The dumb dog probably remembers things more than I do. "But if it was May 2019 I'd be turning eighteen. I'm not." She murmured softly, eyes flickering down to the camera again.
She glanced down at Aria nestled beside her, nodding. "It's definitely her. I know it. But..." She sighed, looking over at Kevin, before reaching up and trying desperately to wipe away the blood dripping into her eyes. "...I don't get way she's so small. Maybe I'm wrong. I probably am."

Kevin scratched behind Tru’s ear, smiling down at the dog. “There has to be a reason we don’t remember. Maybe something in the air?” He wondered, looking around.
He jumped to his feet as a strange looking boy dropped in front of him. “Where is she? I might be able to heal her.” Kevin said, looking for the little girl.

Lilith shot straight up onto her feet, rising up to 5'10-- Noting dully that she had assumed herself to be taller. She looked down at the boy, eyeing his wounded state for a moment.
Truthfully, he looked a lot like her current battered state. "Where is she?" She barked, her voice now completely emotionless. Maybe... Maybe I can do something right... "I have medical supplies." She murmured, stuffing her camera into the backpack and slinging it over her shoulder-- Hardly caring about the fact that she wasn't even sure if it was her backpack.
She stood mostly on one leg, the other raised slightly off the ground and literally dripping in blood. Getting up so fast also hadn't been a good idea, for a wave of nausea and dizziness washed over her and pain sprang up from the massive gashes in her left leg and shoulder. "Take us to her."
Kevin scratched behind Tru’s ear, smiling down at the dog. “There has to be a reason we don’t remember. Maybe something in the air?” He wondered, looking around.
He jumped to his feet as a strange looking boy dropped in front of him. “Where is she? I might be able to heal her.” Kevin said, looking for the little girl.

Take shot his hand away from Kevin’s foot after he realized what he had done. Why did I grab his foot..? That’s weird.. and I could’ve burnt him! You’re so stupid! He raised his unpleasantly injured face and slowly got to his feet. He’d scrapped the skin off his knees from his fall, and they were starting to bleed, almost becoming unbearable for him to bend them. But he had to show them where the girl was, or else his efforts would be for nothing. His face twisted in pain as he nodded, “Follow” he breathed, not questioning the older girls injured state, which looked like someone sliced her up, and threw a metal arm on her. Is she part robot..? He turned away from them and started to jog back to where Blair rested in a dry patch of grass by the water.

Back
Top Bottom