The Hidden Door-A Role Play (AKA The Most Dangerous Coffee Shop II)

Lilith winced-- She hadn't noticed he had been resting and hoped desperately she hadn't came off as snappish.
She frowned slightly as he went ahead and wrapped it, that also hadn't been her intentions. But then she caught him glance at her arm, and she paled even more, looking down at it mournfully. "Oh." Of course he wouldn't want that... That thing touching her...
She had still been staring at her metallic arm when he spoke to her again, and her head snapped up to look at him after a few delayed seconds. She shook her head, moving back a little. "You're weak. Save your strength. I'll make it." She said, giving him a weak smile. I deserve this, anyway.

Lilith sighed when the man ran up, blood-shot and still slightly teary eyes inspecting him. At least he'd apparently served as a distraction to stop Kevin from healing her.
She decided to take Kevin's lead and turned towards Kylan, who was hovering behind them. "Kyle!" She said, easily getting her friend's attention. "What day and year is it?"
He squirmed under her piercing gaze a little, and she could've sworn he was crying-- But he was also soaking wet, just like her. "Uh... May 30th, 2016." He replied slowly, and she gave him a weak smile. "Thanks bro." She turned back to Kevin, not exactly sure what to do. One day after me, while everyone else is years...
Aria walked over “no, no last I checked it’s 2010. I’m 5 if it was 2020 I’d be 15”

“It’s okay, I won’t hurt you.” Kevin said softly when she flinched, giving her a small smile. “Thank you, Kylan,” he said, taking the bandages and gently wrapping Lilith’s wounds. “When this starts hurting again let me know, okay?” Kevin said, handing the unused supplies back to Kylan.
He watched as she tried to explain what happened without actually saying what happened, taking a few steps back in attempt to give them a little more privacy. Not that it would help, he already knew, and there were still people around them.
"Okay. Thank you, Kevin." Lilith said, giving him a quick smile. Kylan took the supplies and stuffed them away, before he helped her up, and she glanced around, stepping away from the others with him. She shifted from foot to foot uncomfortably, giving Kevin a desolate glance over her friend's shoulder.
She moaned. "So you remember that, blue power thing I can do? The one I told you and May not to say anything about?" She asked, eyeing him as he nodded. "It happened again, today. Or, yesterday... I don't know." She ran her metallic hand through her hair, sighing. "We were in the car, they were arguing, and, and it just happened." She groaned, squeezing her eyes shut at the memory. "I-- Dad's gone."
She opened her eyes again, noticing a purely sympathetic look on Kylan's face. She waited for anger, or terror, something, to feel something else off him, but he didn't lash out. "I'm sorry, Lili. I'm so, so sorry."
He paused, and she noticed him get an equally sick look come over his face. "We lost May, too." She blinked. To be honest... She'd expected it, May hadn't been doing well over the days-- But tears still started falling again, and she wrapped her friend in a warm hug. She didn't say anything, just stayed there for awhile hugging each other.
They broke apart after a few moments, Lilith somehow managing to stop the tears as a momentary numbness settled over her, however she could tell Kylan was keeping his head down for a reason. "Er... Ky, you should probably go check on your friend." He smiled and nodded, breaking away.
She stopped beside Kevin again, and muttered something under her breath, before glancing up at him. "You sure you're okay? I'm not an expert, but... You seem like you're running out of energy. And, um," She motioned around them at the others. "Was anyone able to offer any insight, while I was talking to Kylan, or...?" She shrugged slightly, wondering if her confused mind even was making sense at that point.
Aria sat on the ground sick of standing, blades of grass poked at her just begging her to pick them, she smiled plucking each blade of grass gently as not to rip it out the ground.
Kylan approached her sheepishly, giving a friendly smile. "'Ey, Ari. You alright?"

"Okay. Thank you, Kevin." Lilith said, giving him a quick smile. Kylan took the supplies and stuffed them away, before he helped her up, and she glanced around, stepping away from the others with him. She shifted from foot to foot uncomfortably, giving Kevin a desolate glance over her friend's shoulder.
She moaned. "So you remember that, blue power thing I can do? The one I told you and May not to say anything about?" She asked, eyeing him as he nodded. "It happened again, today. Or, yesterday... I don't know." She ran her metallic hand through her hair, sighing. "We were in the car, they were arguing, and, and it just happened." She groaned, squeezing her eyes shut at the memory. "I-- Dad's gone."
She opened her eyes again, noticing a purely sympathetic look on Kylan's face. She waited for anger, or terror, something, to feel something else off him, but he didn't lash out. "I'm sorry, Lili. I'm so, so sorry."
He paused, and she noticed him get an equally sick look come over his face. "We lost May, too." She blinked. To be honest... She'd expected it, May hadn't been doing well over the days-- But tears still started falling again, and she wrapped her friend in a warm hug. She didn't say anything, just stayed there for awhile hugging each other.
They broke apart after a few moments, Lilith somehow managing to stop the tears as a momentary numbness settled over her, however she could tell Kylan was keeping his head down for a reason. "Er... Ky, you should probably go check on your friend." He smiled and nodded, breaking away.
She stopped beside Kevin again, and muttered something under her breath, before glancing up at him. "You sure you're okay? I'm not an expert, but... You seem like you're running out of energy. And, um," She motioned around them at the others. "Was anyone able to offer any insight, while I was talking to Kylan, or...?" She shrugged slightly, wondering if her confused mind even was making sense at the point.

Kylan approached her sheepishly, giving a friendly smile. "'Ey, Ari. You alright?"
“I’m great. The grass is very green here and it wants me to pick it” Aria explained (I gtg be back in about 1 hr

She stopped beside Kevin again, and muttered something under her breath, before glancing up at him. "You sure you're okay? I'm not an expert, but... You seem like you're running out of energy. And, um," She motioned around them at the others. "Was anyone able to offer any insight, while I was talking to Kylan, or...?" She shrugged slightly, wondering if her confused mind even was making sense at that point.

Kevin tried not to eavesdrop, but he still did catch bits and pieces of their conversation. May? Who’s that? And how did I know she was already dead? He thought, glancing back at Lilith and Kylan.
He looked down at Lilith as she approached him, nodding. “Yeah, I’m okay. Don’t worry about me,” he said with a smile. He shook his head. “No, nothing. Maybe there’s someone else around here that would know.” Kevin looked around at all the people. People were scattered around the place, most of them looked hurt. What happened? That’s when his eyes landed on a few chickens scattered around. His eyes widened, recognizing the biggest one. “Mama? Chto proizoshlo? Pochemu ty zdes'?” Kevin asked the bird, rolling up his sleeves and scooping her and her chicks up. They were precariously balances on his arms as he looked for a place to put them.

“I’m great. The grass is very green here and it wants me to pick it” Aria explained (I gtg be back in about 1 hr
"Oh, is that so, huh?" Kylan laughed, kneeling down beside her. "So, eh, you can speak to grass?" He smiled warmly down at her, trying to make sure she stayed happy.
Kevin tried not to eavesdrop, but he still did catch bits and pieces of their conversation. May? Who’s that? And how did I know she was already dead? He thought, glancing back at Lilith and Kylan.
He looked down at Lilith as she approached him, nodding. “Yeah, I’m okay. Don’t worry about me,” he said with a smile. He shook his head. “No, nothing. Maybe there’s someone else around here that would know.” Kevin looked around at all the people. People were scattered around the place, most of them looked hurt. What happened? That’s when his eyes landed on a few chickens scattered around. His eyes widened, recognizing the biggest one. “Mama? Chto proizoshlo? Pochemu ty zdes'?” Kevin asked the bird, rolling up his sleeves and scooping her and her chicks up. They were precariously balances on his arms as he looked for a place to put them.
"It's in my very essence to worry about everything." Lilith said lightheartedly, some of her joking personality ebbing back into her.
She watched as the man suddenly bent over and scooped up a fluffy mother hen and her five chicks. "...How am I not surprised?" She murmured, stepping closer and offering her hands out. "I can take some of 'em for you, Druzhishche."
She glanced around at the other kids scattered about, not recognizing a single one, but noting many at least seemed to have powers like herself. She flinched, feeling another wave of their grief wash over her.

"Oh, is that so, huh?" Kylan laughed, kneeling down beside her. "So, eh, you can speak to grass?" He smiled warmly down at her, trying to make sure she stayed happy.

"It's in my very essence to worry about everything." Lilith said lightheartedly, some of her joking personality ebbing back into her.
She watched as the man suddenly bent over and scooped up a fluffy mother hen and her five chicks. "...How am I not surprised?" She murmured, stepping closer and offering her hands out. "I can take some of 'em for you, Druzhishche."
She glanced around at the other kids scattered about, not recognizing a single one, but noting many at least seemed to have powers like herself. She flinched, feeling another wave of their grief wash over her.

“Heh, yeah, I figured,” Kevin said with a smile. He frowned looking at the chickens. “I don’t know how she got here. Or where she got the chicks. I don’t have chicks, but for some reason I feel like these are mine.” He said. “Uh, yeah, could you?” He offered to of the chicks to her, instantly being able to hold the others properly. “Thanks.”

“At this point, I feel like we should just go for it. If we get separated, we’ll find each other again. If they’re going to take one of us, we can fight them like we did last time. There is no way we can make this completely safe.”
"You're right." He said quietly still worrying about being separated, and how bad it might get. "It doesn't seem like we're going to have to worry about it too much though they don't seem to be coming back."

Take was confuzzled at what had just happened between Aria and Kylan. We’re they going to help? He had to move on and find a adult, or someone who looked like they had a phone. He was growing more and more anxious as each second past, I can’t let a little girl die! His new found courage made him follow after Aria to appeared next to an older kid and adult. He ran as fast as his little toothpick legs could carry him. I thought I could run faster than this... what.. I’ve always run this slow...! Distracted by his thoughts, he fell right in front of Kevin, tripping over himself and landing face flat on the ground. He remained still, before his hand crept up to Kevin’s shoe shakily, “Phone, I need a phone.. girl is dying..” he croaked.
Kevin followed him, kneeling down by Blair’s side. He carefully reached out and touched her arm. There was so much blood, he wasn’t sure where she was hurt. He sent the magic pulses through her, working on numbing the pain first. She had some sort of nasty bite, along with other cuts and bruises.
He closed his eyes, focusing on healing the bite. There was a strange sensation. It was almost like when you hurt your knee and can’t move it. He knew he could, yet something held him back.
Ever so slowly, the skin on her wound started to close. It was too deep to heal all the way, especially in his younger state, but there was no longer the risk of her dying on the spot. He couldn’t replace her blood, but his magic worked to sort of push her blood cells to multiply quicker than they would’ve originally.
His hand stopped glowing and Kevin leaned back, breathing heavily. He was exhausted. He felt like he had already healed many, many people, but he didn’t remember doing so. The only people he tried to heal was Lilith and the other little girl just now, so why was he so tired?
“You said you head medical equipment, right Lilith? She’s still hurt.” Kevin said softly.
Blair had curled herself into a ball, tight as she possibly could. She couldn't move, barely feeling anything as she was healed and her wounds were wrapped. But until they moved away, she stayed curled up. Slowly, she unfurled herself. It no longer hurt, and she didn't feel like she wanted to fall asleep so badly, black no longer blurring her vision.
She glanced around, slowly hauling herself into a sitting position. She still couldn't figure out where she was, or who was around her. "Where's my Momma?" She whispered, more to herself then anyone. And where's Take...wait, what's Take...? The name was stuck in her head, but she didn't understand how or where it came from.

Lilith winced-- She hadn't noticed he had been resting and hoped desperately she hadn't came off as snappish.
She frowned slightly as he went ahead and wrapped it, that also hadn't been her intentions. But then she caught him glance at her arm, and she paled even more, looking down at it mournfully. "Oh." Of course he wouldn't want that... That thing touching her...
She had still been staring at her metallic arm when he spoke to her again, and her head snapped up to look at him after a few delayed seconds. She shook her head, moving back a little. "You're weak. Save your strength. I'll make it." She said, giving him a weak smile. I deserve this, anyway.

Lilith sighed when the man ran up, blood-shot and still slightly teary eyes inspecting him. At least he'd apparently served as a distraction to stop Kevin from healing her.
She decided to take Kevin's lead and turned towards Kylan, who was hovering behind them. "Kyle!" She said, easily getting her friend's attention. "What day and year is it?"
He squirmed under her piercing gaze a little, and she could've sworn he was crying-- But he was also soaking wet, just like her. "Uh... May 30th, 2016." He replied slowly, and she gave him a weak smile. "Thanks bro." She turned back to Kevin, not exactly sure what to do. One day after me, while everyone else is years...
“How do you know my name?” Kyle asked the girl.
Kevin frowned. “You don’t remember? I need you to remember. It’s important. No one knows the year. For me, it’s 2019, but for her-“ he pointed at Lilith, “-it’s 2016. He found a picture of us older, that says it’s from 2020.” Kevin said, ignoring how his rambling made him sound like a madman.

Kevin looked back at Lilith: “I’ll be okay. You’re hurt, and probably in a lot of pain.” He said.
“It’s January... no... April. April 23rd. 2019.” Kyle’s face turned pale. “I don’t know, maybe it’s actually the 24th? I could be wrong.” Something rung incorrect about that statement. “You’re saying it’s different for you? Different times?”
Nat was startled out of her blubbering and turned the chubby gloved hand over in hers with a slow wonderment. "I'm alive," she murmured incredulously, hiccuping her sobs back, then twisted to painfully hack out another globule of mucousy water. But when she turned back, her white face was radiant as it slowly regained color. She collapsed onto her knees and pulled littler girl into a squeezing hug. "You're alive!"
“Of course I’m alive,” Cam said, hugging her back, squeezing tight. “But where am I? Where’s Mom? And Grandpa? Wait,” she said, looking her up and down. The girl was streaming wet, like her. “Did you almost drown? Did I? No.” She squashed her cheeks between her fingers. “I was in the garden.”

Ciro stepped right in her way, his arms up to bar her. "It's okay," he promised quietly, echoing what she'd told him minutes before. "You don't always have to know." Before he could rethink his boldness, he reached toward one of her hands, hovering it just centimeters out of her flames' reach. If his nervous system would let him, he would've voluntarily gone beyond and held her hand, fire and all. "We're going to wait until everyone's ready, then we're going to find the rest. We are okay."
Aella flinched away from Ciro when he reached toward her, eyes widening, watching his hand carefully. But he didn't move it any closer, and it just hovered there until he turned when Carson appeared. "No, not okay." She whispered to herself, pacing a small circle again, becoming horribly dizzy but not bothering to stop.
"I do, I have to know. I need to know." She wasn't even talking to him anymore, only herself. Her head felt full, like she couldn't keep a coherent thought, but she didn't say anything further, just continuing her rapid pacing. There was not real source of her anxiety, only the fact that she knew something was out there. And it knew that their small group of rag-tag survivors was weak and it was just waiting for them to let their guard down.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom