The Hidden Door-A Role Play (AKA The Most Dangerous Coffee Shop II)

“Heh, yeah, I figured,” Kevin said with a smile. He frowned looking at the chickens. “I don’t know how she got here. Or where she got the chicks. I don’t have chicks, but for some reason I feel like these are mine.” He said. “Uh, yeah, could you?” He offered to of the chicks to her, instantly being able to hold the others properly. “Thanks.”
"Just like me with this dude." Lilith murmured, glancing down with a slight smile at Tru sitting at her side, before looking at the fluffy chicks nestled in her hands. "They're pretty cute, ya'know."

"Oh, is that so, huh?" Kylan laughed, kneeling down beside her. "So, eh, you can speak to grass?" He smiled warmly down at her, trying to make sure she stayed happy.

"It's in my very essence to worry about everything." Lilith said lightheartedly, some of her joking personality ebbing back into her.
She watched as the man suddenly bent over and scooped up a fluffy mother hen and her five chicks. "...How am I not surprised?" She murmured, stepping closer and offering her hands out. "I can take some of 'em for you, Druzhishche."
She glanced around at the other kids scattered about, not recognizing a single one, but noting many at least seemed to have powers like herself. She flinched, feeling another wave of their grief wash over her.
Aria’s face brightened “exactly! The grass speaks to me.”

"You're right." He said quietly still worrying about being separated, and how bad it might get. "It doesn't seem like we're going to have to worry about it too much though they don't seem to be coming back."
“Let me see if they’ll come when I call. They’re malicious. They’ll find it funny if I challenge them.” She raised her voice and yelled what translates into, “Hey! You stole my friends! Why don’t you come face me about it, you coward?” Just then, she heard the flapping sound of wings. “No going back now,” she said quietly.

Blair had curled herself into a ball, tight as she possibly could. She couldn't move, barely feeling anything as she was healed and her wounds were wrapped. But until they moved away, she stayed curled up. Slowly, she unfurled herself. It no longer hurt, and she didn't feel like she wanted to fall asleep so badly, black no longer blurring her vision.
She glanced around, slowly hauling herself into a sitting position. She still couldn't figure out where she was, or who was around her. "Where's my Momma?" She whispered, more to herself then anyone. And where's Take...wait, what's Take...? The name was stuck in her head, but she didn't understand how or where it came from.
Take stirred in his sleep, his mouth open as drool rolled out the corner of his lip. He manifested in a dream, some place cold and slightly foggy surrounded by a ring of standing stones. He wasn’t in control of his own dream, instead he was experiencing a memory of some sort. He started talking to an older girl, with yellow eyes about werewolves being able to turn into wolves since the girl was clearly not dressed for the cold weather. Why am I dreaming about talking to Blair? ..Blair? I don’t know anyone named Blair.. wait.. yeah I do.. what? Suddenly, he felt himself take his shirt off, “I’m starting to feel pity for you” his voice said, but it was surprisingly deeper than the voice he had now. His hand extended out to Blair, “I don’t really need it, my body is producing a lot of heat right now.” Then she responded by stumbling over her own words, “I can’t just... I don’t... you’re...” followed by her saying that she couldn’t take it, and a little cold never hurt her. Take the shirt, please.. it’s really cold out for you.. He saw as he threw the shirt in her face after she refused, scolding her that it’d be better than standing around shivering. I’m mean..! I just threw that in her face like nothing... He turned his attention away from Blair as he walked off, leaving her alone with the shirt.

“How do you know my name?” Kyle asked the girl.

“It’s January... no... April. April 23rd. 2019.” Kyle’s face turned pale. “I don’t know, maybe it’s actually the 24th? I could be wrong.” Something rung incorrect about that statement. “You’re saying it’s different for you? Different times?”

“Of course I’m alive,” Cam said, hugging her back, squeezing tight. “But where am I? Where’s Mom? And Grandpa? Wait,” she said, looking her up and down. The girl was streaming wet, like her. “Did you almost drown? Did I? No.” She squashed her cheeks between her fingers. “I was in the garden.”

Kevin glanced down at Kyle. He wasn’t sure what to do. Everything was confusing. How could everyone think it was a different date? And how could no one really remember what happened?

"Just like me with this dude." Lilith murmured, glancing down with a slight smile at Tru sitting at her side, before looking at the fluffy chicks nestled in her hands. "They're pretty cute, ya'know."

Kevin looked back at Lilith. “Yeah, they really are. Mama seems to know and like them, too. She’s not one for adopting strange chicks. Maybe she snuck off and hatched them?”

Take stirred in his sleep, his mouth open as drool rolled out the corner of his lip. He manifested in a dream, some place cold and slightly foggy surrounded by a ring of standing stones. He wasn’t in control of his own dream, instead he was experiencing a memory of some sort. He started talking to an older girl, with yellow eyes about werewolves being able to turn into wolves since the girl was clearly not dressed for the cold weather. Why am I dreaming about talking to Blair? ..Blair? I don’t know anyone named Blair.. wait.. yeah I do.. what? Suddenly, he felt himself take his shirt off, “I’m starting to feel pity for you” his voice said, but it was surprisingly deeper than the voice he had now. His hand extended out to Blair, “I don’t really need it, my body is producing a lot of heat right now.” Then she responded by stumbling over her own words, “I can’t just... I don’t... you’re...” followed by her saying that she couldn’t take it, and a little cold never hurt her. Take the shirt, please.. it’s really cold out for you.. He saw as he threw the shirt in her face after she refused, scolding her that it’d be better than standing around shivering. I’m mean..! I just threw that in her face like nothing... He turned his attention away from Blair as he walked off, leaving her alone with the shirt.
Blair hugged her knees to her chest, staring into the forest. It was clear to her, she realized, even though it was dark she could see as easily as if it were daytime. But her thoughts weren't on that, it was on the name in her head. Take.
Suddenly, a wave of blurred memories crashed over her. Memories of three yellow eyes in the darkness, cold, harsh wind clawing her skin before she was enveloped in warmth. Pain and tears and blood; tangled limbs and laughter and comfort and hidden smiles. The sense of belonging and peace. Memories of moonlight and flickering stars, stars in strange constellations and more warmth and love starting to blossom but kept hidden in fear.
It left the small girl gasping. She was even more scared now. She couldn't see any faces, just sense the feelings and brief flashes of faceless people, the only thing recognizable for each flicker of memory was three eyes, both red and yellow. Red made her feel fear and anger, though, and yellow made her feel comfort and powerful feelings she couldn't control.

Aella flinched away from Ciro when he reached toward her, eyes widening, watching his hand carefully. But he didn't move it any closer, and it just hovered there until he turned when Carson appeared. "No, not okay." She whispered to herself, pacing a small circle again, becoming horribly dizzy but not bothering to stop.
"I do, I have to know. I need to know." She wasn't even talking to him anymore, only herself. Her head felt full, like she couldn't keep a coherent thought, but she didn't say anything further, just continuing her rapid pacing. There was not real source of her anxiety, only the fact that she knew something was out there. And it knew that their small group of rag-tag survivors was weak and it was just waiting for them to let their guard down.
Maya blundered unceremoniously through the bushes, cursing as her hair got caught on a spiny branch. "Hey," she panted, coming up to stand besides Aella. "I found the rest of the group."

Maya blundered unceremoniously through the bushes, cursing as her hair got caught on a spiny branch. "Hey," she panted, coming up to stand besides Aella. "I found the rest of the group."
Aella didn't notice the girl for several moments, her frantic pacing continuing before she noticed Maya. She yelped, stifling a screech of shock. One hand was raised, a ball of flames snarling, waiting to attack an innocent victim. She relaxed slightly, however, when she realized that it was only Maya, lowering her hand. "Okay, but that doesn't help much. Unless they're coming back to help...?"

Blair hugged her knees to her chest, staring into the forest. It was clear to her, she realized, even though it was dark she could see as easily as if it were daytime. But her thoughts weren't on that, it was on the name in her head. Take.
Suddenly, a wave of blurred memories crashed over her. Memories of three yellow eyes in the darkness, cold, harsh wind clawing her skin before she was enveloped in warmth. Pain and tears and blood; tangled limbs and laughter and comfort and hidden smiles. The sense of belonging and peace. Memories of moonlight and flickering stars, stars in strange constellations and more warmth and love starting to blossom but kept hidden in fear.
It left the small girl gasping. She was even more scared now. She couldn't see any faces, just sense the feelings and brief flashes of faceless people, the only thing recognizable for each flicker of memory was three eyes, both red and yellow. Red made her feel fear and anger, though, and yellow made her feel comfort and powerful feelings she couldn't control.
Take started to relive memories he didn’t even know he had, they seemed distant, in the future, all surrounding Blair. Instances where he and her were together, staring into each other’s eyes surrounded by fires in a forest, sitting in front of a glowing stone sharing a kiss which would be his first, sharing his feelings about how he saw her instead of a wolf, when he was carrying her up some stairs in a castle of some sort, her embracing him in front of a house and him telling her to come with him, sitting at a park bench, which her head rested on his shoulder tenderly. The younger Take didn’t understand what all these visions were, they were happening so fast that he couldn’t begin to comprehend all the emotions they brought him. They weren’t negative, not even close, but warm, calming, and offered strength. Take’s eyes flickered open when he woke, finding himself staring at a tree. He sat himself up, gazing around for Blair, but noticed the eyesight in his left eye returned, and his body didn’t hurt as much. He got up and made his way over to her, not acknowledging those that were around. He felt the stinging pain in his knees, but continued on until he crouched down to Blair. “Hey.. um you okay?” he asked softly, his face showing genuine concern and warmth.

Back
Top Bottom