The Hodge Podge Flock - A chicken story of diversity - Kickstarter project, please take a look!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Guitartists, Nov 24, 2014.

1. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    https://www.kickstarter.com/project...ock-a-chicken-story-of-diversity?ref=category

I know it's been forever since I have been on the site. I no longer have my flock :( But, in memory of them and to celebrate my chooks I wanted to create something for not only my children and future grandchildren, but for others as well! The Hodge Podge Flock is a children's book about how everyone is unique and different but can live as one big family. Each ink and watercolor illustration features at least one different breed of chicken (all illustrations are of actual birds that I used to have) and also of wildflowers and hybrid flowers from my gardens.

I wanted to create a book that not only chicken lovers would love to have, but also something fun and visually stunning to introduce the world, and young readers, to the wide array of chicken breeds that are out there.

Please take a look at my Kickstarter project. Please share the link on facebook and twitter. The further reaching it is, the more likely it will be successful!

Thank you!

Angie n_n

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. scratch'n'peck

scratch'n'peck Overrun With Chickens

Oct 31, 2008
    West Michigan
    My Coop
    They are beautiful. I like the way you depict the feathers' iridescence.

3. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    Thank you :)

4. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Exactly! What a great idea as well! Love it, and thanks for sharing!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by