the holidays are HERE anyone want to decorate with me??

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by shadowpaints, Nov 18, 2010.

1. shadowpaints

shadowpaints Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2009
    Rigby, Idaho
    i am a huge christmas fanatic. i love the songs.. the lights the spirit of the majority of people! i love my family togetherness..

i started cleaning last week so i could decorate!! anyone wanna join me?

2. key west chick

key west chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    My tree goes up this weekend!

3. HeatherLynn

HeatherLynn Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2009
    Kentucky, Cecilia
    We are not to the decorating part yet. Every year right before thanksgiving we do a HUGE house cleaning. We are still in the middle of that. We have boxes and bags of things to donate and throw away. Also I will sort through the Christmas stuff and get things ready. The day after thanksgiving we go buy a tree and deck the house out in lights. This year we are living in my parents house which is 3 stories tall so we get the extra fun of decorating 2 balconies. Thankfully the cleaning will be done soon. Post pics when you guys get done. Maybe give the rest of us some inspiration.

4. chixie

chixie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    with the grandbay in the hospital I haven't even thought about decorating. I will be going home for thanksgiving so I guess I will pull out the stuff and decorate.

5. chixie

chixie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    with the grandbaby in the hospital I haven't even thought about decorating. I will be going home for thanksgiving so I guess I will pull out the stuff and decorate with my other 2 daughters.

6. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    For last 10 years I have had no Christmas spirit. Oh boy, it has hit me with a vengance this year. The tree is already up! I know, nuts huh. Will be working on outside lights tonight, when 2 granddaughters get here. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    hello.
    since we are not doing the thanksgiving meal etc. at our house, all the xmas stuff went up!!! even outside! [​IMG]
    no real tree just yet tho. [​IMG]

8. Nat123

Nat123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2010
    Home Sweet Home
    I've been thinking of buying a new Christmas tree and putting them up this weekend [​IMG]
    I love Christmas, it's my favorite holiday in a year [​IMG]

9. calicokat

calicokat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2009
    azalia, indiana
    We found a Christmas music station on the radio and have been listening for a few weeks . . . . . starting to get the spirit [​IMG]

We usually put the tree up on the weekend close to the 13th (my dad's BDay) and take it down around the 31st (my Mom's bday) - just cause that's how we did it when I was a kid. Funny the traditions we hang on to [​IMG]

10. bigchrisb1985

bigchrisb1985 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2009
    Brookneal, VA
    We don't decorate for Christmas untill after Thanksgiving my mother says its bad luck to do it be fore then. But Thanks giving will be here shortly them decorating will begin

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by