The horrible topic about the time to kill ?What about¿

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by Quijote, Nov 24, 2011.

1. Quijote

Quijote Out Of The Brooder

Nov 22, 2011
    Malaga
    That is a topic with which I got obsession, I can´t hear anything about but I know it inevitable.
    I have thought in a .22 shot.
    Please, teach me who have any consolating idea.
    Thanks and regards.

2. HarlansHollowFarms

HarlansHollowFarms bana-bhuidseach anns gára

Jan 16, 2009
    What exactly are you asking about?

3. twentynine

twentynine Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2009
    What he say?

4. WoodlandWoman

WoodlandWoman Overrun With Chickens

May 8, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Do you mean when your chickens are older and stop laying eggs?

Do you mean when a dog or other pet is sick?

Do you mean something else?

5. Quijote

Quijote Out Of The Brooder

Nov 22, 2011
    Malaga
    My problem is I´m unable to kill a chiken and I don´n talk about the wise I have seen farmer doing it.
    Then, how can I raising chikens, what shall I do when I have a lot?
    I´m a good cook and love to invite my friend, is it not absurd to go to meatshop having a lot of chikens?

6. Nicola

Nicola Chook Cuddlin' Aussie

Feb 23, 2009
    ACT
    You don't have to kill your chickens, I plan on letting mine live a long and healthy life even though their egg production decreases. You don't have to kill them unless you are raising them for meat. I still buy chicken from the shops. and when they stop laying in the winter time i buy free range eggs..

7. Bear Foot Farm

Bear Foot Farm Overrun With Chickens

Mar 31, 2008
    Grifton NC
    You don't have to kill your chickens

You don't HAVE to, but it's a lot easier to keep them on the grill or in the pot that way​

8. Nicola

Nicola Chook Cuddlin' Aussie

Feb 23, 2009
    ACT
    Quote:You don't HAVE to, but it's a lot easier to keep them on the grill or in the pot that way

[​IMG]

9. darkmatter

darkmatter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2009
    Quote:Raising chickens as livestock for eggs and meat is a dilemma for those that can't bring themselves to butcher and cull as required. My wife won't actually do the kill, but I do and she handles the bird after I bring it to her plucked and cleaned. As a livestock owner it is the responsible thing to do for the animals in your charge to treat them with respect, but remember, domestic animals are bred to serve Man------be it on the table or otherwise.

To serve one of your own chickens to a friend is only the right thing if your friend appreciates home raised food.

10. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    If you have a lot of chickens who need to be processed for food-hire somebody to do it for you. I know plenty of folks who buy meat chickens and have them processed elsewhere. Some pay a certain price per bird and others simply give a number of birds to the person who kills and prepares the bird.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by